First Look at Mud-Covered Robert Pattinson on 'The Rover' Set
Robert Pattinson has officially begun filming his latest movie "The Rover". A number of photos that show the British heartthrob hitting the set in South Australia have hit the web, revealing a new edgy look at the actor famed for his role in the "Twilight Saga" series.
Getting rid off his iconic Edward Cullen messy haircut, Pattinson was spotted sporting a buzz cut in the middle of hot weather in the desolate region of Southern Flinders Ranges, just outside of Adelaide. He looked dirty in a black shirt and brown pants that were covered with mud. It was unclear what scene the actor was preparing to shoot at the time.
The filming of "The Rover" has started since Tuesday, January 29 and it will continue for the next seven weeks in South Australia. Producers Liz Watts and David Linde explained the location, "The South Australian desert environment can be a tough one to work in, particularlu for those coming from a Northern Hemisphere winter but both the cast and crew have thrown themselves into the shoot."
"We are shooting in some of the most haunting and stunning landscapes in the world, and are fortunate to have such an exceptional cast and a truly talented crew," they added. The shooting is expected to be completed in mid-March with the post-production set to take place in Sydney.
Set in the Australian desert, "Rover" is a futuristic western that tells the story of Eric (Guy Pearce), who has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him, as he's forced to join an injured gang member Rey (Pattinson). Eric hunts down Rey's gang after they steal the last of his possessions.
Commenting on the intense plot, Pattinson once admitted that the description might be a bit more highfalutin than the actual film. "[Director] David Michod's going to read this and be like, 'What the f*** are you talking about? It's a crime movie'," he told The Playlist last year during a press junket for "Cosmopolis".
"Rover" still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences