Beyonce Knowles Slammed by PETA Over Super Bowl Outfit
Beyonce Knowles upset PETA once again. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals slam the Destiny's Child member over the outfit she wore during her performances at the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVII at the Superdome in New Orleans.
Performing with Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams (II), Beyonce rocked a black gaping bodysuit by designer Rubin Singer who said it was made from "strips of engineered python, paneled iguana and trapunto/pick stitched leather." She completed her look with fingerless gloves.
"We would take a bet that if Beyonce watched our video exposes," PETA said, "she'd probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits, or other animals who died painfully. Today's fashions are trending toward humane vegan options, and Beyonce's Super Bowl outfit missed the mark on that score."
The animal rights organization also blasted the wife of Jay-Z over her Christian Dior mink coat she wore at President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony in January this year.
Beyonce kicked off her Super Bowl concert with Jay-Z-assisted single "Crazy In Love", but her husband didn't join her on stage. "He wanted that to be her moment and didn't want to take away from it," a source told Us Weekly. "She had been working her a** off."
Beyonce was proud of not only herself but also other performers. "It really was a magnificent night for me and the girls? I felt like Alicia (Keys) and Jennifer Hudson were so classy and beautiful. It was a great night to be a woman and an African-American woman," she gushed to Extra.
Queen Bey did receive raved review from fans and fellow singers alike including Keyshia Cole who managed to diss Michelle Williams in the process. "I think I was frightened to blink for a sec. Then Michell sung and woke my ass up from my daze! She always f**kN the groove up," she tweeted.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit
- Ben Affleck Looks in Good Spirits While Making First Public Appearance Since Rehab