Robin Williams' New Comedy Gets Pilot Order From CBS
Robin Williams is plotting his TV comeback with "Crazy Ones". The potential new series from producer David E. Kelle has got a pilot order from CBS. Jason Winer is on board to direct the pilot.
The single-camera, half-hour workplace comedy revolves around a father-daughter relationship at home and at work. Should the project be picked up to series, it will be Williams' first regular role in 30 years since he starred on ABC's "Mork & Mindy".
CBS additionally has greenlit two drama pilots, "Anatomy of Violence" and "Intelligence". The former is executive produced by "Homeland" trio, Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary. Inspired by Adrian Raine's upcoming non-fiction book "The Anatomy of Violence: The Biological Roots of Crime", the story centers on a criminal psychologist with an expertise in sociopaths partners with a young female detective with whom he shares a conflicted past.
As for "Intelligence", it comes from "North Country" scribe Michael Seitzman. The show is set at U.S. Central Command and focuses on a unit that has been created around one agent with a very special gift - a microchip that has been implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Seitzman writes the pilot and will serve as an exec. producer alongside David Semel and Tripp Vinson.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?