Helen Mirren Defends Al Pacino in New 'Phil Spector' Trailer
HBO has debuted a new trailer for its upcoming film "Phil Spector". It sees an attorney, Linda Kenny Baden (played by Helen Mirren), who agrees to defend the title character (played by Al Pacino) who's accused of killing actress Lana Clarkson.
Facing backlash from the public, Spector insists he didn't do anything wrong and even gets mad. The proud musician is also seen claiming, "The first time you got felt up, guess what? You were listening to one of my songs," and referring to himself as "the most successful music producer in the history of the world."
Written and directed by David Mamet, the TV movie explores the client-attorney relationship between legendary music producer Spector and defense attorney Baden, who represented Spector during his first trial for murder. It will premiere Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c on HBO.
Pacino once said he didn't try to impersonate the real person and didn't even meet Spector before playing the character. "It would have been meeting a different person. Now he's been convicted and he's in prison... This person I'm playing is the guy who was there before he was convicted," he explained. "I played him as what I believe David Mamet wrote and how I believed to interpret him."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'