Helen Mirren Defends Al Pacino in New 'Phil Spector' Trailer
HBO has debuted a new trailer for its upcoming film "Phil Spector". It sees an attorney, Linda Kenny Baden (played by Helen Mirren), who agrees to defend the title character (played by Al Pacino) who's accused of killing actress Lana Clarkson.
Facing backlash from the public, Spector insists he didn't do anything wrong and even gets mad. The proud musician is also seen claiming, "The first time you got felt up, guess what? You were listening to one of my songs," and referring to himself as "the most successful music producer in the history of the world."
Written and directed by David Mamet, the TV movie explores the client-attorney relationship between legendary music producer Spector and defense attorney Baden, who represented Spector during his first trial for murder. It will premiere Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c on HBO.
Pacino once said he didn't try to impersonate the real person and didn't even meet Spector before playing the character. "It would have been meeting a different person. Now he's been convicted and he's in prison... This person I'm playing is the guy who was there before he was convicted," he explained. "I played him as what I believe David Mamet wrote and how I believed to interpret him."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media