Helen Mirren Defends Al Pacino in New 'Phil Spector' Trailer
HBO has debuted a new trailer for its upcoming film "Phil Spector". It sees an attorney, Linda Kenny Baden (played by Helen Mirren), who agrees to defend the title character (played by Al Pacino) who's accused of killing actress Lana Clarkson.
Facing backlash from the public, Spector insists he didn't do anything wrong and even gets mad. The proud musician is also seen claiming, "The first time you got felt up, guess what? You were listening to one of my songs," and referring to himself as "the most successful music producer in the history of the world."
Written and directed by David Mamet, the TV movie explores the client-attorney relationship between legendary music producer Spector and defense attorney Baden, who represented Spector during his first trial for murder. It will premiere Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c on HBO.
Pacino once said he didn't try to impersonate the real person and didn't even meet Spector before playing the character. "It would have been meeting a different person. Now he's been convicted and he's in prison... This person I'm playing is the guy who was there before he was convicted," he explained. "I played him as what I believe David Mamet wrote and how I believed to interpret him."
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies