Helen Mirren Defends Al Pacino in New 'Phil Spector' Trailer
HBO has debuted a new trailer for its upcoming film "Phil Spector". It sees an attorney, Linda Kenny Baden (played by Helen Mirren), who agrees to defend the title character (played by Al Pacino) who's accused of killing actress Lana Clarkson.
Facing backlash from the public, Spector insists he didn't do anything wrong and even gets mad. The proud musician is also seen claiming, "The first time you got felt up, guess what? You were listening to one of my songs," and referring to himself as "the most successful music producer in the history of the world."
Written and directed by David Mamet, the TV movie explores the client-attorney relationship between legendary music producer Spector and defense attorney Baden, who represented Spector during his first trial for murder. It will premiere Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c on HBO.
Pacino once said he didn't try to impersonate the real person and didn't even meet Spector before playing the character. "It would have been meeting a different person. Now he's been convicted and he's in prison... This person I'm playing is the guy who was there before he was convicted," he explained. "I played him as what I believe David Mamet wrote and how I believed to interpret him."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes