Helen Mirren Defends Al Pacino in New 'Phil Spector' Trailer
HBO has debuted a new trailer for its upcoming film "Phil Spector". It sees an attorney, Linda Kenny Baden (played by Helen Mirren), who agrees to defend the title character (played by Al Pacino) who's accused of killing actress Lana Clarkson.
Facing backlash from the public, Spector insists he didn't do anything wrong and even gets mad. The proud musician is also seen claiming, "The first time you got felt up, guess what? You were listening to one of my songs," and referring to himself as "the most successful music producer in the history of the world."
Written and directed by David Mamet, the TV movie explores the client-attorney relationship between legendary music producer Spector and defense attorney Baden, who represented Spector during his first trial for murder. It will premiere Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c on HBO.
Pacino once said he didn't try to impersonate the real person and didn't even meet Spector before playing the character. "It would have been meeting a different person. Now he's been convicted and he's in prison... This person I'm playing is the guy who was there before he was convicted," he explained. "I played him as what I believe David Mamet wrote and how I believed to interpret him."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift