Helen Mirren's Wax Figure Unveiled in Madame Tussauds Berlin
One of Britain's most celebrated and best loved actresses, Helen Mirren, again is honored with a brand new wax figure. Her "twin" can be seen at Madame Tussauds Berlin, Germany starting Monday, February 4.
Unlike her wax figure at Madame Tussauds London which has a glamorous look in a floor length black dress by Asprey, the new one is based on her character Queen Elizabeth II, the role she played in 2006's movie "The Queen". The new figure sports spectacles and sits behind a wooden table.
In 2007, Mirren won an Oscar for her performance in "The Queen". The Stephen Frears-directed film follows Queen Elizabeth II who struggled through a sequence of events nobody could not predict after the death of Princess Diana.
Earlier in 2005, the 64-year-old actress also starred on a TV miniseries entitled "Elizabeth I" where she starred as Queen Elizabeth I. The show highlighted the last 24 years of the Queen's nearly 45-year reign, especially her relationship with Earl of Leicester (played by Jeremy Irons) and Earl of Essex (played by Hugh Dancy).
Although she played the Queen, Mirren said she didn't want people to brand her as the actress who always plays the Queen. She once said on "Saturday Night Live", "I'd like to say something for the record, although I played the Queen I am nothing like her. I may have been appointed Dame of the British Empire, but I am not all scones and teacups, I'm more biscuits and D-cups."
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie