Mark Millar Confirms 'Kick-Ass' Will Finish in Third Chapter, Teases Dramatic Ending
Turns out creator Mark Millar wants to make the "Kick-Ass" film series a trilogy. While the second installment, "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", has yet to be released, Millar already plans the story for the third installment, which he claimed to be the last chapter of the franchise.
"Kick-Ass 3 is going to be the last one," Millar said in a recent interview with SFX magazine. "I told Universal this and they asked me, 'What does that mean?' I said, 'It means that this is where it all ends.' They said, 'Do they all die at the end?' I said, 'Maybe' - because this is a realistic superhero story."
The creator of the Dave Lizewski tale further dished on the possible ending, "And if someone doesn't have a bullet proof vest like Superman and doesn't have Batman's millions then eventually he id going to turn the wrong corner and get his head kicked in or get shot in the face."
"So Kick-Ass needs to reflect that," he stated. "There has to be something dramatic at the end, he cannot do this for the rest of his life."
Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist will return in the sequel to the 2010 hit action comedy. After Kick-Ass' (Aaron Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), the hero joins them on patrol.
When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) -reborn as The Mother F%&*^r- only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz) can prevent their annihilation.
The sequel will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on June 28.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder