Donald Trump Sues Bill Maher for $5M Over Claim That He's Descended From Orangutan
Donald Trump is taking Bill Maher's joke seriously. The 66-year-old business mogul is furious at the "Real Time with Bill Maher" host after the comedian quipped on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" that he's "the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan." He's now taking the case to court.
Maher made the joke as a response to Trump's pre-election offer to give $5 million to the charity of Barack Obama's choice if Mr. President released his college records. The funnyman said he would do the same for Trump if the businessman gave proof that he's not descended from an ape. He joked that he would give the money to "Hair Club for Men" or "The Institute for Incorrigible Douchebaggery."
Trump quickly sent Maher a letter with a copy of his birth certificate attached "demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan." He asked Maher to pay up, naming the Hurricane Sandy Victims, The Police Athletic League, The American Cancer Society, The March of Dimes and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as potential recipients.
"I don't think he was joking. He said it with venom. That was venom. That wasn't a joke. In fact, he was nervous when he said it; it was a pathetic delivery," Trump said via phone on "Fox and Friends". "He promised me $5 million for charity if I provided certain information. Well, I provided the information. He didn't pay. So today I sue Bill Maher for $5 million for charity."
Maher, 57, hasn't officially said a word about the lawsuit, but he has tweeted a cryptic message that could be a response to the "Celebrity Apprentice" host. "What?? Really? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha," so he wrote.
More Donald Trump News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest