Donald Trump Sues Bill Maher for $5M Over Claim That He's Descended From Orangutan
Donald Trump is taking Bill Maher's joke seriously. The 66-year-old business mogul is furious at the "Real Time with Bill Maher" host after the comedian quipped on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" that he's "the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan." He's now taking the case to court.
Maher made the joke as a response to Trump's pre-election offer to give $5 million to the charity of Barack Obama's choice if Mr. President released his college records. The funnyman said he would do the same for Trump if the businessman gave proof that he's not descended from an ape. He joked that he would give the money to "Hair Club for Men" or "The Institute for Incorrigible Douchebaggery."
Trump quickly sent Maher a letter with a copy of his birth certificate attached "demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan." He asked Maher to pay up, naming the Hurricane Sandy Victims, The Police Athletic League, The American Cancer Society, The March of Dimes and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as potential recipients.
"I don't think he was joking. He said it with venom. That was venom. That wasn't a joke. In fact, he was nervous when he said it; it was a pathetic delivery," Trump said via phone on "Fox and Friends". "He promised me $5 million for charity if I provided certain information. Well, I provided the information. He didn't pay. So today I sue Bill Maher for $5 million for charity."
Maher, 57, hasn't officially said a word about the lawsuit, but he has tweeted a cryptic message that could be a response to the "Celebrity Apprentice" host. "What?? Really? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha," so he wrote.
More Donald Trump News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'