Fall Out Boy to Return With New Album and Tour
Fall Out Boy announced Monday, February 4 that they would come out with an album and also go on a world tour, ending a three-year break. The pop punk band from Illinois - vocalist/guitarist Patrick Stump, bassist Pete Wentz, guitarist Joe Trohman, and drummer Andy Hurley - went on an indefinite hiatus back in November 2009 to pursue their own individual careers.
The band is now set to kick off their tour Monday night from Chicago to support their new album "Save Rock and Roll" to be distributed worldwide starting May 7. Their new single "My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)" is already available on iTunes.
"This isn't a reunion," the band clarified on their website, "because we never broke up." They addressed the temporary break and what fans could look forward to with regards to the band's career, "When we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. We needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us. The future of Fall Out Boy starts now."
During their time off from the group, Stump released a solo R'n'B-inspired album entitled "Soul Punk" in 2011, while Wentz formed his experimental electropop group Black Cards. Meanwhile, Trohman and Hurley joined hardcore heavy metal band The Damned Things. Their reformation comes on the 10th anniversary of their 2003 debut album "Take This to Your Grave".
Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" Music Video (2 Chainz Edition)
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'