Fall Out Boy to Return With New Album and Tour
Fall Out Boy announced Monday, February 4 that they would come out with an album and also go on a world tour, ending a three-year break. The pop punk band from Illinois - vocalist/guitarist Patrick Stump, bassist Pete Wentz, guitarist Joe Trohman, and drummer Andy Hurley - went on an indefinite hiatus back in November 2009 to pursue their own individual careers.
The band is now set to kick off their tour Monday night from Chicago to support their new album "Save Rock and Roll" to be distributed worldwide starting May 7. Their new single "My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)" is already available on iTunes.
"This isn't a reunion," the band clarified on their website, "because we never broke up." They addressed the temporary break and what fans could look forward to with regards to the band's career, "When we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. We needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us. The future of Fall Out Boy starts now."
During their time off from the group, Stump released a solo R'n'B-inspired album entitled "Soul Punk" in 2011, while Wentz formed his experimental electropop group Black Cards. Meanwhile, Trohman and Hurley joined hardcore heavy metal band The Damned Things. Their reformation comes on the 10th anniversary of their 2003 debut album "Take This to Your Grave".
Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" Music Video (2 Chainz Edition)
More Fall Out Boy News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set