Michael Bay: 'Transformers 4' Will Be 'Redesigned From Top to Bottom'
Michael Bay has given a little tidbit of what his upcoming "Transformers 4" project would be like with a brand new cast ensemble. Talking to Forbes, the 47-year-old director revealed his visions of the fourth autobot war movie, saying that he would redesign almost every aspect of the big franchise.
"We're going to start off smaller," Bay stated. "There's a brand new cast. To freshen the franchise, we've redesigned everything from top to bottom." Still, he noted that not all things are going to be changed in the new film. "The history of the first three movies is still there," he explained. "We start four years later and there's a reason why we're meeting a new cast."
Replacing Shia LaBeouf as the young male lead of the franchise, Bay chose Jack Reynor who would team up with his senior Mark Wahlberg as the leading man. "Mark is really excited about it and it's a great redesign," said the Los Angeles-born filmmaker.
Of why he decided to make another chapter in the series despite the fact that he once claimed to planning his departure from the franchise, Bay said, "I said that 3 was going to be my last one. Paramount was letting me do 'Pain and Gain' and the 'Transformers' ride was opening at Universal and it was bittersweet to think of passing it off. I wanted to set it up on a really sure footing and to bring someone else in on that, it would have been overwhelming."
During the chat, Bay once again stressed that he would not turn the fourth "Transformers" movie into a reboot. "We keep the 'Transformers' the way they were," he insisted. "It's just four years later. There's a reason the Transformers are redesigned. We're trying to broaden the franchise and give it more places to go."
Futher details of "Transformers 4" are still kept secret, but the movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on June 27, 2014.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture