Michael Buble Tapped to Host 2013 Juno Awards
As revealed during Sunday's much-anticipated Super Bowl XLVII broadcast, Canadian singer Michael Buble, who hails from the country's British Columbia province, will host the 2013 Juno Awards. The multiple Juno awardee is only the second crooner ever to get the emceeing chores for the Canadian music industry's prestigious ceremony, after Paul Anka hosted the show in 1975, the same year when Buble was born.
Buble is no stranger to the Juno Awards, where he has won ten trophies already. As a first-time host, he comes after last year's well-liked host, "Star Trek" icon William Shatner.
The announcement was made via a 30-second promotional clip, where the Grammy Award-winning Buble pops up in between Ontario-born Avril Lavigne and her fiance, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger. Last year, Buble's "Christmas" album bested Lavigne's and Nickelback's respective releases to bag the Juno for 2012 top album.
Shortly after the commercial was aired, Buble excitedly tweeted about his latest gig, "#CTV makes dreams come true.. not only am I in bed with #AvrilLavigne & #ChadKroeger I get to host the 2013 #JUNOawards." CTV Programming and Sports network president Phil King returned the compliment by saying the network is privileged to have him onboard the show. He gushed, "Mr. Buble will no doubt impress Canadian audiences on the biggest and most spectacular night in Canadian music."
The 2013 Juno Awards, honoring the best in Canadian and international music, will be telecast from the Brandt Center in Regina, Saskatchewan on April 21.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly