Audio: Wiz Khalifa Remixes Drake's 'Started From the Bottom'
Within a couple of days after Toronto rapper Drake dropped an audio of his new single "Started From the Bottom" on SoundCloud, hip-hop artist Wiz Khalifa took the song and made a remix out of it. Khalifa beat out other unofficial remixes of the track, adding his own verse to the original even before its scheduled February 10 premiere.
"Bein that im in the studio all the time and ima huge fan of music in general iss only right that out of drunkness and highness i drop this," Khalifa tweeted about the quick remix. "I know that song juss came out lol but i think it speaks to all of us so i put my verse on it before everyone else does."
Using his own flourish placed at the end of the track, Khalifa referenced 1017 Brick Squad rapper Waka Flocka Flame with whom he is not in good terms. The verse implies that they're at least on speaking terms now, "I just seen Waka the other day/ He wasn't tripping, we just talk about the money we been making."
The quick remix might have also been brought on by Drake, whose rhymes in this track may have been interpreted by other similar artists as invitations to elaborate. "We don't like to do too much explaining/ Stories stay the same, I never changed it," he belted out. Although his tirades were likely directed at the press, it's quickly picked up by rappers like Soulja Boy, who also came up with his own remix after Khalifa dropped his.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date