'Star Trek Into Darkness' Will Screen in IMAX Early on May 15
As if delivering a Super Bowl ad for "Star Trek Into Darkness" was not enough to thrill audience, Paramount Pictures brings another good news to devoted fans of the film franchise by announcing that Trekkies will now be able to watch the movie in theaters sooner than expected. The studio confirms that the IMAX 3D version of the film will hit theaters in the U.S. on May 15, or two days earlier than the original schedule.
IMAX has just inked a deal with Paramount to screen the 3D format of the "Star Trek" sequel prior to its wide release on May 17. The company stated on Sunday, February 3 that it had officially begun selling the tickets for the exclusive pre-screening of the highly-anticipated movie.
IMAX Entertainment's chairman Greg Foster explained the decision to screen the film early. He said, "As we saw with the reaction to the first nine minutes of the film, which debuted in our theaters in December, fans are clearly excited by the opportunity to see this epic film come to life in IMAX."
"We're thrilled to work with our long-standing partners at Bad Robot and Paramount Pictures to offer audiences an opportunity to see J.J. Abrams' masterful interpretation two days early in the world's most immersive format - IMAX 3D."
The special screening of "Star Trek Into Darkness" will feature approximately 30 minutes of footage filmed with the extremely high-resolution IMAX cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in the theaters, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory