'Star Trek Into Darkness' Will Screen in IMAX Early on May 15
As if delivering a Super Bowl ad for "Star Trek Into Darkness" was not enough to thrill audience, Paramount Pictures brings another good news to devoted fans of the film franchise by announcing that Trekkies will now be able to watch the movie in theaters sooner than expected. The studio confirms that the IMAX 3D version of the film will hit theaters in the U.S. on May 15, or two days earlier than the original schedule.
IMAX has just inked a deal with Paramount to screen the 3D format of the "Star Trek" sequel prior to its wide release on May 17. The company stated on Sunday, February 3 that it had officially begun selling the tickets for the exclusive pre-screening of the highly-anticipated movie.
IMAX Entertainment's chairman Greg Foster explained the decision to screen the film early. He said, "As we saw with the reaction to the first nine minutes of the film, which debuted in our theaters in December, fans are clearly excited by the opportunity to see this epic film come to life in IMAX."
"We're thrilled to work with our long-standing partners at Bad Robot and Paramount Pictures to offer audiences an opportunity to see J.J. Abrams' masterful interpretation two days early in the world's most immersive format - IMAX 3D."
The special screening of "Star Trek Into Darkness" will feature approximately 30 minutes of footage filmed with the extremely high-resolution IMAX cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in the theaters, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!