'Star Trek Into Darkness' Will Screen in IMAX Early on May 15
As if delivering a Super Bowl ad for "Star Trek Into Darkness" was not enough to thrill audience, Paramount Pictures brings another good news to devoted fans of the film franchise by announcing that Trekkies will now be able to watch the movie in theaters sooner than expected. The studio confirms that the IMAX 3D version of the film will hit theaters in the U.S. on May 15, or two days earlier than the original schedule.
IMAX has just inked a deal with Paramount to screen the 3D format of the "Star Trek" sequel prior to its wide release on May 17. The company stated on Sunday, February 3 that it had officially begun selling the tickets for the exclusive pre-screening of the highly-anticipated movie.
IMAX Entertainment's chairman Greg Foster explained the decision to screen the film early. He said, "As we saw with the reaction to the first nine minutes of the film, which debuted in our theaters in December, fans are clearly excited by the opportunity to see this epic film come to life in IMAX."
"We're thrilled to work with our long-standing partners at Bad Robot and Paramount Pictures to offer audiences an opportunity to see J.J. Abrams' masterful interpretation two days early in the world's most immersive format - IMAX 3D."
The special screening of "Star Trek Into Darkness" will feature approximately 30 minutes of footage filmed with the extremely high-resolution IMAX cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in the theaters, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed