Cee-Lo Green Reunites Onstage With Goodie Mob at ESPN Super Bowl Party
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green headlined ESPN Magazine's "Next" Party held last February 2, right after midnight in New Orleans, performing in front of a crowd of athletes and other celebrities. After first giving a 30-minute-or-so solo set, the former "The Voice" mentor was joined by his Atlanta hip-hop crew Goodie Mob for a memorable reunion onstage.
Green rocked his opening set which included his hits "Crazy" , "Fool for You" featuring Melanie Fiona, and the profanity -laden "F**k You" before bringing out his rap collection members Bigg Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo for some '90s hip-hop. After noticing the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd for such a rare moment, Green lectured the mostly uninitiated audience about his group's notable musical contributions, particularly to rap sensations Outkast.
"We're going to take you down memory lane. Give me some of that good music, man!" Green called out his group before they dropped their hits "Soul Food", "Cell Therapy" and the more recent "Fight to Win", after which Green again went solo to cover David Bowie's "Let's Dance" and sing his original song "Bright Lights, Bigger City" from his third solo album "The Lady Killer".
Finally, Green rounded it all up with a cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", thanking the initially indifferent crowd. Other celebrities at the event were Olympian Michael Phelps, NASCAR driver Kyle Busch, Kelly Rowland, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Piven, Josh Hutcherson, and current and former football players like Emmitt Smith, Cris Carter, and DeSean Jackson.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease