Cee-Lo Green Reunites Onstage With Goodie Mob at ESPN Super Bowl Party
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green headlined ESPN Magazine's "Next" Party held last February 2, right after midnight in New Orleans, performing in front of a crowd of athletes and other celebrities. After first giving a 30-minute-or-so solo set, the former "The Voice" mentor was joined by his Atlanta hip-hop crew Goodie Mob for a memorable reunion onstage.
Green rocked his opening set which included his hits "Crazy" , "Fool for You" featuring Melanie Fiona, and the profanity -laden "F**k You" before bringing out his rap collection members Bigg Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo for some '90s hip-hop. After noticing the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd for such a rare moment, Green lectured the mostly uninitiated audience about his group's notable musical contributions, particularly to rap sensations Outkast.
"We're going to take you down memory lane. Give me some of that good music, man!" Green called out his group before they dropped their hits "Soul Food", "Cell Therapy" and the more recent "Fight to Win", after which Green again went solo to cover David Bowie's "Let's Dance" and sing his original song "Bright Lights, Bigger City" from his third solo album "The Lady Killer".
Finally, Green rounded it all up with a cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", thanking the initially indifferent crowd. Other celebrities at the event were Olympian Michael Phelps, NASCAR driver Kyle Busch, Kelly Rowland, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Piven, Josh Hutcherson, and current and former football players like Emmitt Smith, Cris Carter, and DeSean Jackson.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says