'Fast and Furious 6' Debuts Intense First Trailer on Super Bowl
The first ever footage for Dustin Lin's "Fast and Furious 6" was finally premiered during the Super Bowl XLVII telecast on Sunday, February 3. Staying true to the film franchise's signature genre, the promo video is jam-packed with "a whole new level" of car chase scenes on various settings from the city streets and highway to the desert and landing strip.
The sixth installment of the franchise brings back Vin Diesel as Dom and Paul Walker as Brian. Since Dom and Brian's Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, the heroes have scattered across the globe. However, their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (The Rock) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Luke Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London.
Also starring Ludacris, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Gina Carano and Joe Taslim, "Fast and Furious 6" will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 24.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story