Super Bowl Movie Spots: 'Star Trek Into Darkness', 'Lone Ranger' and 'Oz'
Continuing the Super Bowl tradition, a number of highly-anticipated movies this year debuted their latest spots during the telecast of the NFL game on Sunday, February 3. Among them were Paramount Pictures' "Star Trek Into Darkness" and Walt Disney Pictures' "The Lone Ranger", "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "Iron Man 3".
The footage for the "Star Trek" sequel boasts glimpses at new footage, including the one that sees Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character threatening Chris Pine's Kirk from behind a cell. Some new battle scenes are also showcased in the promo for the May 17 release movie.
The "Lone Ranger" spot also unveils some new action-packed and funny scenes involving Johnny Depp's Tonto and Armie Hammer's titular character. Details of Lone Ranger's background story is also explained in it. The film itself is set to grace theaters Stateside on July 3.
"Oz", meanwhile, presents a more fantastical footage with more never-before-seen scenes of James Franco's adventure in the Land of Oz. Also getting the highlight is the villain which wreaks havoc in the vibrant and magical wizard world. As for "Iron Man 3" footage, it focuses on a scene where Tony Stark's superhero persona saves some people from a plane crash. The former film is set for a March 8 release nationwide, while the latter will hit cinemas on May 3.
"Star Trek Into Darkness":
"The Lone Ranger":
"Oz: The Great and Powerful":
"Iron Man 3":
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!