Frank Ocean's Music Producer on Chris Brown Brawl: 'The Whole Thing Was a Set Up'
Frank Ocean has decided not to press charges against Chris Brown in an altercation that took place in the parking lot outside a West Hollywood recording studio in late January, but the story doesn't stop there. Ocean's music producer Michael Uzowuru has just written on his blog details of the incident involving the two stars.
Uzowuru, who says he was with Ocean when the brawl erupted, confirms the fight started over a parking spot. Breezy's orange Lambo was parked on Ocean's spot, and 10 minutes after Ocean asked the front desk to move the car, Rihanna's boyfriend came out with a "big dude" and a "skinnier dude."
Uzowuru recalled Ocean telling Brown, "You parked in my spot, move," which led the "big dude" to punch Ocean in the face. He adds, "Then instantly Chris and the other dude grab [Ocean] and try to jump him... There's no doubt in my mind the whole thing was a set up."
The music producer goes on detailing that Breezy and the "skinnier dude" sent Ocean crashing into a "big fake candle display laced with glass...Hence ... his finger being cut." He claims that one of the guys who's with Breezy cornered Frank and pinned him up against a wall "while Chris was trying to beat the living 's**t' out of [him]."
Ocean allegedly fought back by throwing elbows and punches of his own. Uzowuru, who screamed for everyone to stop the fight, concludes, "I don't know what type of demons Chris is facing, but I hope he clears them all and finds a new life rooted in love and light."
Despite being injured in the fight, Ocean decided not to take the matter to the court. "As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man," he wrote on his Tumblr page Saturday, February 2. "But as a man I am not a killer. I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace."
More Frank Ocean News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event