Dave Grohl's Sound City Players Throw Three-Hour Gig in L.A., Book Sole New York Show
Dave Grohl and his Sound City Players rocked the Hollywood Palladium on January 31 night, playing a three-hour long show. Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty and members of Cheap Trick, Rage Against the Machine and Fear joined Grohl and his Foo Fighters for the classic rock-pop-punk extravaganza.
The performance followed the premiere of Grohl's "Sound City" documentary earlier in the evening. As soon as the film ended, fans trooped to the concert area. The Foo Fighters served as the night's backing band, kicking off the performances with a cover of Queens of the Stone Age's "Hanging Tree" with multi-instrumentalist Alain Johannes.
The lengthiest performance of the night was by John Fogerty, who dished out a flurry of Creedence Clearwater Revival hits with the Foo Fighters, including "Travelin Band", "Born on The Bayou", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Fortunate Son". The night was capped by a stirring set from the legendary Nicks, who performed "Landslide" with Grohl. They also jammed to the classic "Gold Dust Woman" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around".
As the performers each took the stage, each change was accompanied by a drop-screen video, with outtakes shown to preface and contextualize the performances that were lined up for the evening. Following their L.A. gig, Grohl and the Sound City players will next perform in a solitary New York show on February 13 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri