Dave Grohl's Sound City Players Throw Three-Hour Gig in L.A., Book Sole New York Show
Dave Grohl and his Sound City Players rocked the Hollywood Palladium on January 31 night, playing a three-hour long show. Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty and members of Cheap Trick, Rage Against the Machine and Fear joined Grohl and his Foo Fighters for the classic rock-pop-punk extravaganza.
The performance followed the premiere of Grohl's "Sound City" documentary earlier in the evening. As soon as the film ended, fans trooped to the concert area. The Foo Fighters served as the night's backing band, kicking off the performances with a cover of Queens of the Stone Age's "Hanging Tree" with multi-instrumentalist Alain Johannes.
The lengthiest performance of the night was by John Fogerty, who dished out a flurry of Creedence Clearwater Revival hits with the Foo Fighters, including "Travelin Band", "Born on The Bayou", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Fortunate Son". The night was capped by a stirring set from the legendary Nicks, who performed "Landslide" with Grohl. They also jammed to the classic "Gold Dust Woman" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around".
As the performers each took the stage, each change was accompanied by a drop-screen video, with outtakes shown to preface and contextualize the performances that were lined up for the evening. Following their L.A. gig, Grohl and the Sound City players will next perform in a solitary New York show on February 13 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
More Dave Grohl News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris