Audio: Drake Premieres New Song 'Started From the Bottom'
Ahead of his scheduled performance at the 2013 Grammy Awards, Toronto rapper Drake premiered his new track "Started from the Bottom". The Mike Zombie-produced new song, which he dropped online Friday night on SoundCloud, is the first single off his yet-to-be-titled third album.
Along with the song, Drake shared a letter to his fans on his blog, "Today is the day to begin sharing my newest work with you. This is the first single off of my upcoming album." He said of his beginnings in the business, "I did not buy my way into this spot and it was the furthest thing from easy to achieve. I am proud of every part of my past and I'm excited for this song to find a place in your life as well."
"I didn't feel I needed any interviews or radio or press to launch this song," he explained about his choice to launch it on SoundCloud, believing "it felt right to come back to the site that I started on and release it to the people that started here with me."
The Canadian recording artist was presumed to be working on the clip of the new single released under the Universal Music record label, after being recently spotted filming a music video with his "HFYR" director Little X.
Drake is up for Best Rap Performance for "HFYR", Best Rap Song for "The Motto" and Best Rap Album for "Take Care" at this year's Grammys. "Take Care" is certified platinum in both the U.S. and Canada within only a month after it was released in November 2011.
More Drake News
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise