Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys Dominate Music Winners at 2013 NAACP Image Awards
It's girl domination at the 44th annual NAACP Image Awards Friday night, February 1 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys scored double victory each in music categories along with another female act Mary Mary.
The late music icon Whitney grabbed Best Song prize for "I Look to You" that she worked with R. Kelly. She claimed her second award for Best Album, thanks to her posthumous greatest hits compilation "I Will Always Love You: The Best of Whitney Houston".
Ahead of her Super Bowl gig, Alicia was named Best Female Artist and Best Music Video for the visuals she filmed to promote new single "Girl on Fire". Mary walked home as Best Duo, Group or Collaboration and won Gospel Album (Traditional or Contemporary) for "Go Get It".
Other winners included Elle Varner (Best New Artist), Usher (Best Male Artist), and Estelle (Best World Music Album).
In addition to awarding musicians, the awards show hand out kudos to the best works in television and movie.
- New Artist: Elle Varner
- Male Artist: Usher
- Female Artist: Alicia Keys
- Duo, Group or Collaboration: Mary Mary
- Jazz Album: "The Preservation Hall 50th Anniversary Collection" - The Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Gospel Album (Traditional or Contemporary): "Go Get It" - Mary Mary
- World Music Album: "All of Me" - Estelle
- Music Video: "Girl on Fire" - Alicia Keys
- Song: "I Look to You" - Whitney Houston and R. Kelly
- Album: "I Will Always Love You - The Best of Whitney Houston" - Whitney Houston
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen
- Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale Host Twerk-a-Thon Poolside in Sexy Leopard Bikinis