Katie Couric and Larry King's Date: She Says 'He Lunged,' He Calls It a 'Hug'
Larry King has reacted to Katie Couric's revelation about their date years ago. The former "Good Morning America" host revealed about her awkward one-time date with King, who's 23 years her senior, during an interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
While Couric remembered that "he lunged" at her, the CNN presenter had a different recollection of the evening. "You might call it a'lunge' @katiecouric but I remember it as a hug," he tweeted. "@jimmykimmel I deserve = time!"
Couric said she went out with King while she was still living in Washington, D.C. Wearing a leather skirt, she was picked up by the iconic TV host in his Lincoln Town Car. They drove to an Italian restaurant with Jack Jones played on the tape deck.
Couric, now 56 years old, who also said she turned down a date from Michael Jackson, explained, "I was about 30 years old and I was in this period of my life where I [thought], 'I'm going to go out with anybody who asks me because you learn something any time you go out with a new person.' "
"We had a nice enough time and we're going home and I see that we're going over [Arlington] Memorial Bridge, and this is not the way to my apartment," she revisited the day. "I said, 'Larry, where are we going?' And he said, 'My place.' Oh mother of God."
"So we sat there and what can I say? He lunged," she continued. "I started laughing a little because the whole situation was like out of a bad Lifetime movie. So I said 'Larry, you're such an interesting, nice man, but I would like to meet someone a little closer to my age.' He said, 'That's okay cause when I like, I really like.' "
King, meanwhile, offered his version of their date when visiting Jimmy Kimmel back in 2009. "We went out to dinner, a nice Italian restaurant, we drove home, thought we were kind of romantic, we get to her door, in the apartment house and she said, 'Oh, I have a roommate,' " he remembered. "Then I kissed her goodnight and that was that. And we became friends ever since."
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!