Katie Couric and Larry King's Date: She Says 'He Lunged,' He Calls It a 'Hug'
Larry King has reacted to Katie Couric's revelation about their date years ago. The former "Good Morning America" host revealed about her awkward one-time date with King, who's 23 years her senior, during an interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
While Couric remembered that "he lunged" at her, the CNN presenter had a different recollection of the evening. "You might call it a'lunge' @katiecouric but I remember it as a hug," he tweeted. "@jimmykimmel I deserve = time!"
Couric said she went out with King while she was still living in Washington, D.C. Wearing a leather skirt, she was picked up by the iconic TV host in his Lincoln Town Car. They drove to an Italian restaurant with Jack Jones played on the tape deck.
Couric, now 56 years old, who also said she turned down a date from Michael Jackson, explained, "I was about 30 years old and I was in this period of my life where I [thought], 'I'm going to go out with anybody who asks me because you learn something any time you go out with a new person.' "
"We had a nice enough time and we're going home and I see that we're going over [Arlington] Memorial Bridge, and this is not the way to my apartment," she revisited the day. "I said, 'Larry, where are we going?' And he said, 'My place.' Oh mother of God."
"So we sat there and what can I say? He lunged," she continued. "I started laughing a little because the whole situation was like out of a bad Lifetime movie. So I said 'Larry, you're such an interesting, nice man, but I would like to meet someone a little closer to my age.' He said, 'That's okay cause when I like, I really like.' "
King, meanwhile, offered his version of their date when visiting Jimmy Kimmel back in 2009. "We went out to dinner, a nice Italian restaurant, we drove home, thought we were kind of romantic, we get to her door, in the apartment house and she said, 'Oh, I have a roommate,' " he remembered. "Then I kissed her goodnight and that was that. And we became friends ever since."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked