Katie Couric and Larry King's Date: She Says 'He Lunged,' He Calls It a 'Hug'
Larry King has reacted to Katie Couric's revelation about their date years ago. The former "Good Morning America" host revealed about her awkward one-time date with King, who's 23 years her senior, during an interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
While Couric remembered that "he lunged" at her, the CNN presenter had a different recollection of the evening. "You might call it a'lunge' @katiecouric but I remember it as a hug," he tweeted. "@jimmykimmel I deserve = time!"
Couric said she went out with King while she was still living in Washington, D.C. Wearing a leather skirt, she was picked up by the iconic TV host in his Lincoln Town Car. They drove to an Italian restaurant with Jack Jones played on the tape deck.
Couric, now 56 years old, who also said she turned down a date from Michael Jackson, explained, "I was about 30 years old and I was in this period of my life where I [thought], 'I'm going to go out with anybody who asks me because you learn something any time you go out with a new person.' "
"We had a nice enough time and we're going home and I see that we're going over [Arlington] Memorial Bridge, and this is not the way to my apartment," she revisited the day. "I said, 'Larry, where are we going?' And he said, 'My place.' Oh mother of God."
"So we sat there and what can I say? He lunged," she continued. "I started laughing a little because the whole situation was like out of a bad Lifetime movie. So I said 'Larry, you're such an interesting, nice man, but I would like to meet someone a little closer to my age.' He said, 'That's okay cause when I like, I really like.' "
King, meanwhile, offered his version of their date when visiting Jimmy Kimmel back in 2009. "We went out to dinner, a nice Italian restaurant, we drove home, thought we were kind of romantic, we get to her door, in the apartment house and she said, 'Oh, I have a roommate,' " he remembered. "Then I kissed her goodnight and that was that. And we became friends ever since."
More Katie Couric News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3