Katie Couric and Larry King's Date: She Says 'He Lunged,' He Calls It a 'Hug'
Larry King has reacted to Katie Couric's revelation about their date years ago. The former "Good Morning America" host revealed about her awkward one-time date with King, who's 23 years her senior, during an interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
While Couric remembered that "he lunged" at her, the CNN presenter had a different recollection of the evening. "You might call it a'lunge' @katiecouric but I remember it as a hug," he tweeted. "@jimmykimmel I deserve = time!"
Couric said she went out with King while she was still living in Washington, D.C. Wearing a leather skirt, she was picked up by the iconic TV host in his Lincoln Town Car. They drove to an Italian restaurant with Jack Jones played on the tape deck.
Couric, now 56 years old, who also said she turned down a date from Michael Jackson, explained, "I was about 30 years old and I was in this period of my life where I [thought], 'I'm going to go out with anybody who asks me because you learn something any time you go out with a new person.' "
"We had a nice enough time and we're going home and I see that we're going over [Arlington] Memorial Bridge, and this is not the way to my apartment," she revisited the day. "I said, 'Larry, where are we going?' And he said, 'My place.' Oh mother of God."
"So we sat there and what can I say? He lunged," she continued. "I started laughing a little because the whole situation was like out of a bad Lifetime movie. So I said 'Larry, you're such an interesting, nice man, but I would like to meet someone a little closer to my age.' He said, 'That's okay cause when I like, I really like.' "
King, meanwhile, offered his version of their date when visiting Jimmy Kimmel back in 2009. "We went out to dinner, a nice Italian restaurant, we drove home, thought we were kind of romantic, we get to her door, in the apartment house and she said, 'Oh, I have a roommate,' " he remembered. "Then I kissed her goodnight and that was that. And we became friends ever since."
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary