'NCIS' Gets Season 11 Order
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" will return for an eleventh season. The renewal comes as no surprise since the police procedural drama series has been named the most-watched TV program in the last two years.
Along with the announcement of the new season pickup, CBS reveals that lead actor and executive producer Mark Harmon has extended his contract with the show. His deal would have been up after the current tenth season.
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS president Leslie Moonves says in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem - high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Also starring Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum, "NCIS" continues to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS after a decade. Its current season is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up 7% over last year.
More NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation