'NCIS' Gets Season 11 Order
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" will return for an eleventh season. The renewal comes as no surprise since the police procedural drama series has been named the most-watched TV program in the last two years.
Along with the announcement of the new season pickup, CBS reveals that lead actor and executive producer Mark Harmon has extended his contract with the show. His deal would have been up after the current tenth season.
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS president Leslie Moonves says in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem - high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Also starring Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum, "NCIS" continues to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS after a decade. Its current season is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up 7% over last year.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked