'NCIS' Gets Season 11 Order
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" will return for an eleventh season. The renewal comes as no surprise since the police procedural drama series has been named the most-watched TV program in the last two years.
Along with the announcement of the new season pickup, CBS reveals that lead actor and executive producer Mark Harmon has extended his contract with the show. His deal would have been up after the current tenth season.
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS president Leslie Moonves says in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem - high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Also starring Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum, "NCIS" continues to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS after a decade. Its current season is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up 7% over last year.
More NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch