'NCIS' Gets Season 11 Order
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" will return for an eleventh season. The renewal comes as no surprise since the police procedural drama series has been named the most-watched TV program in the last two years.
Along with the announcement of the new season pickup, CBS reveals that lead actor and executive producer Mark Harmon has extended his contract with the show. His deal would have been up after the current tenth season.
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS president Leslie Moonves says in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem - high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Also starring Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum, "NCIS" continues to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS after a decade. Its current season is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up 7% over last year.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie