'NCIS' Gets Season 11 Order
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" will return for an eleventh season. The renewal comes as no surprise since the police procedural drama series has been named the most-watched TV program in the last two years.
Along with the announcement of the new season pickup, CBS reveals that lead actor and executive producer Mark Harmon has extended his contract with the show. His deal would have been up after the current tenth season.
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS president Leslie Moonves says in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem - high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Also starring Michael Weatherly, Cote de Pablo, Sean Murray, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll, Brian Dietzen and David McCallum, "NCIS" continues to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS after a decade. Its current season is averaging 21.48 million viewers, up 7% over last year.
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'