Emily VanCamp Is Steve Rogers' New Leading Lady in 'Captain America 2'
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has finally found its female lead. Emily VanCamp has been picked to fill the coveted spot in the superhero movie about Steve Rogers, Deadline reports.
VanCamp's casting is quite a surprise since the actress' name was not mentioned in the list of candidates that was shared online last year. Though her role is still kept secret, it is believed that she will indeed play the new love interest of Chris Evans' titular superhero.
The leading lady role allegedly will be Sharon Carter, Peggy's sister who was later retconned to be her niece. Hayley Atwell, who played Rogers' lover Peggy Carter in the first movie, had confirmed that she would not return to the sequel, adding fuel to speculations that there will be a new love interest for the protagonist.
A number of Hollywood beauties had previously eyed the female lead role. They reportedly included Jessica Brown Findlay, Emilia Clarke, Alison Brie, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" targets an April 4, 2014 release but still hasn't got a firm start date. Joe and Anthony Russo will serve behind the lens. Additionally, it has been reported that Scarlett Johansson has been approached to appear as Black Widow in the upcoming film.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch