Lily Rabe Officially Returning to 'American Horror Story' Season 3
Another actor has been added to the cast ensemble of "American Horror Story" season 3. Ryan Muprhy has just announced that Lily Rabe will return for the next installment of the FX series as he tweeted Thursday, January 31, "So thrilled to announce Lily Rabe is onboard for American Horror Story Season Three! So talented, love her!"
Rabe, who starred as Nora Montgomery in the first season and as Sister Mary Eunice in the second season, joins Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters who were earlier confirmed to return to the next chapter. All of them will play different characters.
Murphy previously revealed the third season would also feature new faces and actors from the first season. "We want to have some new people come in and some [Season 1] people come back," he said, stating that the new additions are "actors Jessica wanted to work with."
On Lange's character, Murphy described it as "a glamour cat leading lady." Peters would "probably go back to playing a sobbing psychopath," the show's creator went on dishing.
Sharing his idea for the storyline, the "Glee" creator said, "I come up with the story, and it's obviously always now crafted around Jessica, for the most part." He continued, "What season three is about is more historical in nature...I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three."
"You're going to see a very different tone in season three, but that's the joy of the show," he further teased. "I think as a person right now I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a little bit more fun."
More American Horror Story News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie