Drake Will Treat Fans With a New Song on Grammy Night
Drake has prepared something special for his fans just before the 55th Annual Grammy Awards takes place. The Canadian rapper is set to unleash his brand new song on the night of the biggest music awards that will take place on February 10, Billboard confirms.
Universal Music announces via the magazine that the new song will be called "Started From the Bottom". The good news seems to confirm rumors that Drake has prepared new music to be released soon after he was spotted with director Little X allegedly preparing to shoot a music video for the new single.
In the set photos that made their way out onto the web earlier this month, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker was featured rocking an all-white ensemble. He rode around the streets in a droptop car.
"Started From the Bottom" will mark Drake's first new release since his chart-topping album "Take Care" was released in 2011. The album has so far sold 1.9 million copies and had spent 12 weeks on the top spot of R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
The upcoming song release also makes happy news for Drake's label Cash Money Records. The company's co-CEO Bryan "Birdman" Williams gushed to Billboard that this year "we got something in store. We got a new record coming out this year."
He enthused, "It's just one of those nights that, after seeing each other together, that'll be like the highlight of our night, the highlight of our life, the highlight of our year."
More Drake News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur