Kara DioGuardi Welcomes a Baby Boy via Surrogate
After going through miscarriages and failed IVF attempts, Kara DioGuardi finally becomes a first-time mom. The former "American Idol" judge and her husband Mike McCuddy are proud parents to a baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, who was born via gestational surrogate.
The bundle of joy arrived on Thursday, January 31 in Los Angeles at 1:01 P.M., a rep for DioGuardi confirmed to PEOPLE. The baby weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and measured 20.75 inches long at the time of birth. His middle name Carroll is to honor DioGuardi's late mother.
DioGuardi, 42, got married to McCuddy, a teacher-turned-general contractor, in 2009. She has since undergone rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her hubby. She quit "Idol" after just two seasons to concentrate on her attempts to have a baby.
In her autobiography "A Helluva High Note", the songwriter said, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck