Kara DioGuardi Welcomes a Baby Boy via Surrogate
After going through miscarriages and failed IVF attempts, Kara DioGuardi finally becomes a first-time mom. The former "American Idol" judge and her husband Mike McCuddy are proud parents to a baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, who was born via gestational surrogate.
The bundle of joy arrived on Thursday, January 31 in Los Angeles at 1:01 P.M., a rep for DioGuardi confirmed to PEOPLE. The baby weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and measured 20.75 inches long at the time of birth. His middle name Carroll is to honor DioGuardi's late mother.
DioGuardi, 42, got married to McCuddy, a teacher-turned-general contractor, in 2009. She has since undergone rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her hubby. She quit "Idol" after just two seasons to concentrate on her attempts to have a baby.
In her autobiography "A Helluva High Note", the songwriter said, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit