Kara DioGuardi Welcomes a Baby Boy via Surrogate
After going through miscarriages and failed IVF attempts, Kara DioGuardi finally becomes a first-time mom. The former "American Idol" judge and her husband Mike McCuddy are proud parents to a baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, who was born via gestational surrogate.
The bundle of joy arrived on Thursday, January 31 in Los Angeles at 1:01 P.M., a rep for DioGuardi confirmed to PEOPLE. The baby weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and measured 20.75 inches long at the time of birth. His middle name Carroll is to honor DioGuardi's late mother.
DioGuardi, 42, got married to McCuddy, a teacher-turned-general contractor, in 2009. She has since undergone rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her hubby. She quit "Idol" after just two seasons to concentrate on her attempts to have a baby.
In her autobiography "A Helluva High Note", the songwriter said, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift