Kara DioGuardi Welcomes a Baby Boy via Surrogate
After going through miscarriages and failed IVF attempts, Kara DioGuardi finally becomes a first-time mom. The former "American Idol" judge and her husband Mike McCuddy are proud parents to a baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, who was born via gestational surrogate.
The bundle of joy arrived on Thursday, January 31 in Los Angeles at 1:01 P.M., a rep for DioGuardi confirmed to PEOPLE. The baby weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and measured 20.75 inches long at the time of birth. His middle name Carroll is to honor DioGuardi's late mother.
DioGuardi, 42, got married to McCuddy, a teacher-turned-general contractor, in 2009. She has since undergone rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her hubby. She quit "Idol" after just two seasons to concentrate on her attempts to have a baby.
In her autobiography "A Helluva High Note", the songwriter said, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics