Kara DioGuardi Welcomes a Baby Boy via Surrogate
After going through miscarriages and failed IVF attempts, Kara DioGuardi finally becomes a first-time mom. The former "American Idol" judge and her husband Mike McCuddy are proud parents to a baby boy, Greyson James Carroll McCuddy, who was born via gestational surrogate.
The bundle of joy arrived on Thursday, January 31 in Los Angeles at 1:01 P.M., a rep for DioGuardi confirmed to PEOPLE. The baby weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and measured 20.75 inches long at the time of birth. His middle name Carroll is to honor DioGuardi's late mother.
DioGuardi, 42, got married to McCuddy, a teacher-turned-general contractor, in 2009. She has since undergone rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her hubby. She quit "Idol" after just two seasons to concentrate on her attempts to have a baby.
In her autobiography "A Helluva High Note", the songwriter said, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise