Lindsay Lohan Sues Clothing Manufacturer for $1.1M Over 6126 Fashion Line
Lindsay Lohan is seeking over $1 million from southern California-based company, D.N.A.M. Apparel Industries LLC. She files a lawsuit in federal court, accusing her clothing label partners of fraud, trademark infringement and breach of contract.
LiLo signed the deal in 2008, shortly before she was slapped with jail time for her DUI and shoplifting convictions. Now she claims the company failed to pay her $900,000 in guaranteed minimum royalties plus 10% of net sales for her 6126 Collection.
"They owe us a million dollars. We're suing to force them to pay," her civil lawyer Perry C. Wander told the Daily News. According to the attorney, the company tried to find a way out by noting that the actress never took part in the promotional efforts.
"The agreement did not have a morals clause, and Lindsay Lohan had no responsibility to promote the line, so there's no defense for their actions," the lawyer insisted. "They're trying to insert those as a defense, but they weren't part of this deal."
The "Freaky Friday" actress started out her clothing line as a brand for leggings and cashmere leg warmers. The name refers to her idol Marilyn Monroe's birthday, June 1, 1926. Now, the former Disney star plans to expand it into other clothing items.
"Lindsay is very passionate about her fashion design, and she's looking forward to re-launching the line with another partner," the lawyer explained. "She wants to enter into negotiations to license a clothing line and accessories."
"The purpose of this suit is to wrest control of her trademark away from this company that's been selling items overseas and online under the 6126 trademark," he added.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch