Video: Steven Tyler Dresses in Drag at 'American Idol' Oklahoma City Auditions
"American Idol" season 12 wrapped up the auditions in Oklahoma City, the episode of which aired on Thursday, January 31. The show brought another sob story as Kayden Stephenson, who was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at 18 months, showed up to sing before the judges.
"Knowing that my illness is terminal is definitely scary, but, also, it gives me an opportunity to do everything now, while I'm young," the 16-year-old said, as the illness leaves him with a life expectancy of 35 years. He covered Stevie Wonder's "I Wish" and got a Golden Ticket. "I feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world," he told Ryan Seacrest.
Ventriloquist Halie Hilburn was also sent to Hollywood after tossing aside a puppet that she brought along in the last ten years. Anastacia Freeman ditched her shoes after tripping and falling during the audition, but it didn't help her much with her performance.
The judges laughed as she crooned Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart". After Anastacia finished singing, Randy Jackson asked who told her to audition for "Idol", and she said God. The judges had a different opinion, though, and sent her home.
A total of 45 Golden Tickets were issued in the last stop of the auditions. Those who made it to Hollywood included Nate Tao, Karl Skinner and Zoanette Johnson, the latest of which sang the national anthem.
The show also brought laughs when Steven Tyler showed up in a woman dress, complete with a blonde wig, high heels and a red lipstick. The Aerosmith frontman said he wanted to go to Hollywood, and walked off the audition room and mooned the camera when the judges didn't grant him the wish.
Next week, "Idol" will feature 209 contestants who continue their journey in the competition in Hollywood.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'