Super Bowl Spots for 'World War Z' and 'Snitch' Debuted Online
Before the Super Bowl XLVII starts, spots for "World War Z" and "Snitch" have already made their ways out onto the web. Paramount Pictures releases a 30-second trailer for the Brad Pitt-starring zombie apocalyptic thriller, teasing an intense battle between the lead character and countless undead creatures that suddenly flock the city.
Pitt plays Gerry Lane, a United Nation employee who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. The story is based on Max Brook's horror novel "World War Z: an Oral History of the Zombie War". The movie will hit theaters in the U.S. on June 21.
On the other hand, Summit Entertainment unleashes the Super Bowl spot for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new actioner. Staying true to its genre, the ad boasts high-octane scenes that take place on the streets. Still, it gives a touch of drama by showcasing Johnson's performance as a father who would do anything to save his son from being locked in jail.
The fast-paced thriller follows a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a crime and is sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear his son's name, he dangerously goes undercover and risks everything, including his own life, to reduce his son's sentence. The story is adapted from true event by screenwriters Justin Haythe and Ric Roman Waugh, who also serves behind the lens. The film is set for a February 22 release nationwide.
Aside from "World War Z" and "Snitch", a handful of highly-anticipated movies are ready to unleash their trailers during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday, February 3. Walt Disney Pictures will drop footage for "Iron Man 3", "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "The Lone Ranger". Universal is set to deliver a first ever official sneak peek of Vin Diesel's "Fast and Furious 6". Paramount will also unveil a spot for its much-awaited space saga movie, "Star Trek Into Darkness".
"World War Z" Super Bowl Ad:
"Snitch" Super Bowl Ad:
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility