Super Bowl Spots for 'World War Z' and 'Snitch' Debuted Online
Before the Super Bowl XLVII starts, spots for "World War Z" and "Snitch" have already made their ways out onto the web. Paramount Pictures releases a 30-second trailer for the Brad Pitt-starring zombie apocalyptic thriller, teasing an intense battle between the lead character and countless undead creatures that suddenly flock the city.
Pitt plays Gerry Lane, a United Nation employee who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. The story is based on Max Brook's horror novel "World War Z: an Oral History of the Zombie War". The movie will hit theaters in the U.S. on June 21.
On the other hand, Summit Entertainment unleashes the Super Bowl spot for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new actioner. Staying true to its genre, the ad boasts high-octane scenes that take place on the streets. Still, it gives a touch of drama by showcasing Johnson's performance as a father who would do anything to save his son from being locked in jail.
The fast-paced thriller follows a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a crime and is sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear his son's name, he dangerously goes undercover and risks everything, including his own life, to reduce his son's sentence. The story is adapted from true event by screenwriters Justin Haythe and Ric Roman Waugh, who also serves behind the lens. The film is set for a February 22 release nationwide.
Aside from "World War Z" and "Snitch", a handful of highly-anticipated movies are ready to unleash their trailers during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday, February 3. Walt Disney Pictures will drop footage for "Iron Man 3", "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "The Lone Ranger". Universal is set to deliver a first ever official sneak peek of Vin Diesel's "Fast and Furious 6". Paramount will also unveil a spot for its much-awaited space saga movie, "Star Trek Into Darkness".
"World War Z" Super Bowl Ad:
"Snitch" Super Bowl Ad:
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details