'jOBS' Star Ashton Kutcher Shares Identical Photo of Himself and Steve Jobs
Ashton Kutcher shows off one of the reasons why he deserves to nab the role of Steve Jobs in "jOBS". The 34-year-old actor recently shared a combined photo of himself and the late Apple co-founder to prove how they both were almost identical.
The black-and-white photo sees half of the "No Strings Attached" star's face and half of the gaget mogul's. The actor resembles the look of the iconic figure during his older days, complete with his round-framed spectacles as well as gray hair, beard and mustache.
Kutcher dedicated the photo to the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, where the movie was premiered for the first time for audience's viewing pleasure. He gave a shout out for the fest along with the pic, "Thank you Sundance for your support of Jobs."
"jOBS" details the major moments and defining characters that influenced Steve Jobs on a daily basis from 1971 through 2000. It plunges into the depths of his character, creating an intense dialogue-driven story that is as much a sweeping epic as it is an immensely personal portrait of Steve Jobs' life.
The "Killers" actor has received praises from some people due to his look-alikeness with the real Jobs. His co-star, Josh Gad, recently told USA Today, "There is an eerie resemblance - he [Kutcher] didn't have to do much to get there,'' he said.
"When he showed up, it sent a ripple of shock throughout the set. Everyone was like, 'We're in the presence of Jobs. Let's go do this.' It was literally like being in the room with the creator of Apple. This is one of those roles that's the perfect fit."
Producer Mark Hulme once said of Kutcher's casting as Jobs, "Since our film covers the early years of Apple, when Jobs was in his 20s, we needed an actor who could carry not only the youthfulness of Jobs at the time, but also the psychological complexity. Because of that, and Ashton's physical similarities to Jobs, he's perfect for our film."
"jOBS" will be released in the U.S. on April 19.
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights
- Madonna Admits She's 'Difficult to Work With' in Promo for Showtime Special