Randy Travis Gets Two Years Probation in His Naked DWI Case
Randy Travis, the country singer famous for the song "Three Wooden Crosses", was sentenced to 180 days in jail on Thursday, January 31. The 53-year-old crooner pleaded guilty to drunk driving in Texas in August last year.
However, Travis may not be locked behind bars at all since his sentence was probated for 2 years. That will allow him to avoid staying inside of the cell if he stays out of trouble for the next two years, explains Grayson County District Attorney.
According to TMZ, Travis' sentence also includes 100 hours of community service and a mandatory check in to an inpatient alcohol treatment facility for a minimum 30 days. Not only that, but he must also install an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) on any vehicle he drives for the next two years. The device could measure the singer's blood alcohol level and could stop the engine from starting if he's proven intoxicated.
Travis' legal trouble stemmed from his arrest for DWI last August 7, where he was caught lying naked in the roadway after crashing his vehicle in a construction zone. Back in December, his lawyer Larry Friedman told PEOPLE that the country star had already given up alcohol following the arrest.
"Randy is doing great. Life is good," Friedman claimed. "He's given up drinking alcohol. He's drinking eight glasses of water a day or more. He's on a strict exercise regimen. ... He's in the best shape he's ever been in in his life."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal