Randy Travis Gets Two Years Probation in His Naked DWI Case
Randy Travis, the country singer famous for the song "Three Wooden Crosses", was sentenced to 180 days in jail on Thursday, January 31. The 53-year-old crooner pleaded guilty to drunk driving in Texas in August last year.
However, Travis may not be locked behind bars at all since his sentence was probated for 2 years. That will allow him to avoid staying inside of the cell if he stays out of trouble for the next two years, explains Grayson County District Attorney.
According to TMZ, Travis' sentence also includes 100 hours of community service and a mandatory check in to an inpatient alcohol treatment facility for a minimum 30 days. Not only that, but he must also install an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) on any vehicle he drives for the next two years. The device could measure the singer's blood alcohol level and could stop the engine from starting if he's proven intoxicated.
Travis' legal trouble stemmed from his arrest for DWI last August 7, where he was caught lying naked in the roadway after crashing his vehicle in a construction zone. Back in December, his lawyer Larry Friedman told PEOPLE that the country star had already given up alcohol following the arrest.
"Randy is doing great. Life is good," Friedman claimed. "He's given up drinking alcohol. He's drinking eight glasses of water a day or more. He's on a strict exercise regimen. ... He's in the best shape he's ever been in in his life."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season