Ron Jeremy Remains Unconscious After Emergency Surgeries for Heart Aneurysm
Family and friends are waiting for Ron Jeremy to wake up after going under the knife for heart aneurysm. His father, 94-year-old Arnold Hyatt, said to New York Daily News from his home in Tennessee, "He has a lot of friends and his brother close by. There are a lot of people praying."
The distressed father said the 59-year-old star remained unconscious after the live-saving surgeries, "Right now everything is in a holding pattern. He's heavily sedated and intubated." He added, "The doctors are waiting to see what develops. They anticipate it will be two or three days before they take him off the respirator."
His manager, Mike Esterman, said the procedure went smoothly. Meanwhile, his father gave more detailed description of the surgery. "It was an eight hour procedure to begin with, and then there was some bleeding around his valves, so they had to go in for a second time to stop the bleeding," he explained.
Mike said the adult-film star who well known as The Hedgehog was "resting with complete privacy and no visitors" at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. According to TMZ, he "is in ICU and will be there for a few days but and will remain at the hospital for at least 2 weeks until doctors can see how he reacts to the surgeries."
Jeremy drove himself to the hospital Tuesday afternoon, January 29 after experiencing severe chest pain. He was later transferred to the intensive care unit to be prepped for surgery after his condition worsened. "He just felt chest pains, like a very heavy weight," Mike said. "His instincts were correct to seek help at that moment."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris