Rick Ross Beefs Up Security After Shooting Attempt
After narrowly escaping a shooting attempt at his life Monday night January 28, Maybach Music mogul Rick Ross has decided to hire 24-hour armored personal security to watch his back. The rapper has amped to a full-time, round-the-clock armored security team from the usual security personnel that tagged along during his public appearances, concerts and other major events after surviving the drive-by shooting rampage.
The shooting incident happened on the occasion of Rozay's 37th birthday which he celebrated outside a Miami club. In the early morning of January 28, Ross was driving his silver Rolls Royce with a female companion when he heard shots being fired in his direction. Although Ross and his passenger Shateria L. Moragne-El weren't injured, he crashed his car as it was dodging the bullets which eventually landed on some buildings.
Rozay had reportedly been receiving a lot of death threats recently but has not paid them any attention. After the death-defying escape, he has cooperated with police on the scene of the crime with no suspects yet identified.
Despite recent violence that he has encountered, the rap mogul expected not to be sidetracked from the scheduled release of his new album "Mastermind" later this year. A week before the shooting, the GQ's Bawse of 2012 released his directorial debut "Pirates", the clip to the new track from his Grammy-nominated album "God Forgives, I Don't".
More Rick Ross News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video