Zac Efron to Team Up With Akiva Goldsman in New Thriller 'The Falling'
After starring in "The Paperboy", Zac Efron will tackle another edgy role in his next movie. The "Hairspray" actor has been chosen to lead a thriller movie called "The Falling" to be directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Efron will not only star in it but he will also serve as a co-producer alongside Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold. The project itself is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
The logline of the project is kept under very tight wraps by the studio, but it is said that the project will be an edgy thriller centering around an otherworldly being. It is an original idea coming from the studio, which then brought it to Goldsman and Efron. Interested, Goldsman then hammered out the story with Joby Harold.
It's still unclear when the production will kick off as the producers are still looking for a right screenwriter. No other cast has been approached to star opposite Efron.
Efron will next be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". He's recently been busy filming "Parkland", a drama about John F. Kennedy assassination which also stars Paul Giamatti, Jacki Weaver and Billy Bob Thornton.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer