Zac Efron to Team Up With Akiva Goldsman in New Thriller 'The Falling'
After starring in "The Paperboy", Zac Efron will tackle another edgy role in his next movie. The "Hairspray" actor has been chosen to lead a thriller movie called "The Falling" to be directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Efron will not only star in it but he will also serve as a co-producer alongside Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold. The project itself is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
The logline of the project is kept under very tight wraps by the studio, but it is said that the project will be an edgy thriller centering around an otherworldly being. It is an original idea coming from the studio, which then brought it to Goldsman and Efron. Interested, Goldsman then hammered out the story with Joby Harold.
It's still unclear when the production will kick off as the producers are still looking for a right screenwriter. No other cast has been approached to star opposite Efron.
Efron will next be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". He's recently been busy filming "Parkland", a drama about John F. Kennedy assassination which also stars Paul Giamatti, Jacki Weaver and Billy Bob Thornton.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her