Zac Efron to Team Up With Akiva Goldsman in New Thriller 'The Falling'
After starring in "The Paperboy", Zac Efron will tackle another edgy role in his next movie. The "Hairspray" actor has been chosen to lead a thriller movie called "The Falling" to be directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Efron will not only star in it but he will also serve as a co-producer alongside Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold. The project itself is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
The logline of the project is kept under very tight wraps by the studio, but it is said that the project will be an edgy thriller centering around an otherworldly being. It is an original idea coming from the studio, which then brought it to Goldsman and Efron. Interested, Goldsman then hammered out the story with Joby Harold.
It's still unclear when the production will kick off as the producers are still looking for a right screenwriter. No other cast has been approached to star opposite Efron.
Efron will next be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". He's recently been busy filming "Parkland", a drama about John F. Kennedy assassination which also stars Paul Giamatti, Jacki Weaver and Billy Bob Thornton.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis