Zac Efron to Team Up With Akiva Goldsman in New Thriller 'The Falling'
After starring in "The Paperboy", Zac Efron will tackle another edgy role in his next movie. The "Hairspray" actor has been chosen to lead a thriller movie called "The Falling" to be directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Efron will not only star in it but he will also serve as a co-producer alongside Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold. The project itself is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
The logline of the project is kept under very tight wraps by the studio, but it is said that the project will be an edgy thriller centering around an otherworldly being. It is an original idea coming from the studio, which then brought it to Goldsman and Efron. Interested, Goldsman then hammered out the story with Joby Harold.
It's still unclear when the production will kick off as the producers are still looking for a right screenwriter. No other cast has been approached to star opposite Efron.
Efron will next be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". He's recently been busy filming "Parkland", a drama about John F. Kennedy assassination which also stars Paul Giamatti, Jacki Weaver and Billy Bob Thornton.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech