Zac Efron to Team Up With Akiva Goldsman in New Thriller 'The Falling'
After starring in "The Paperboy", Zac Efron will tackle another edgy role in his next movie. The "Hairspray" actor has been chosen to lead a thriller movie called "The Falling" to be directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Efron will not only star in it but he will also serve as a co-producer alongside Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold. The project itself is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
The logline of the project is kept under very tight wraps by the studio, but it is said that the project will be an edgy thriller centering around an otherworldly being. It is an original idea coming from the studio, which then brought it to Goldsman and Efron. Interested, Goldsman then hammered out the story with Joby Harold.
It's still unclear when the production will kick off as the producers are still looking for a right screenwriter. No other cast has been approached to star opposite Efron.
Efron will next be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". He's recently been busy filming "Parkland", a drama about John F. Kennedy assassination which also stars Paul Giamatti, Jacki Weaver and Billy Bob Thornton.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik