Christoph Waltz Tapped as 'Saturday Night Live' Host
Having been known for his villainous roles, Christoph Waltz will show his comedic skill on "Saturday Night Live". The Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning actor is set to host a February 16 episode of the sketch comedy show.
The upcoming hosting gig will mark the 56-year-old's first appearance on the NBC show. He will be joined by Alabama Shakes who will also make their debut as a musical guest on "SNL".
Waltz most recently starred in "Django Unchained", which was released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012. He recently won his second Golden Globe Award for his portrayal of Dr. King Schultz in the Quentin Tarantino western drama film, and is nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the upcoming Oscars for the same role.
"SNL" will return with a new episode on February 9 with Justin Bieber pulling double duty as host and musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'