Christoph Waltz Tapped as 'Saturday Night Live' Host
Having been known for his villainous roles, Christoph Waltz will show his comedic skill on "Saturday Night Live". The Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning actor is set to host a February 16 episode of the sketch comedy show.
The upcoming hosting gig will mark the 56-year-old's first appearance on the NBC show. He will be joined by Alabama Shakes who will also make their debut as a musical guest on "SNL".
Waltz most recently starred in "Django Unchained", which was released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012. He recently won his second Golden Globe Award for his portrayal of Dr. King Schultz in the Quentin Tarantino western drama film, and is nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the upcoming Oscars for the same role.
"SNL" will return with a new episode on February 9 with Justin Bieber pulling double duty as host and musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert