Christoph Waltz Tapped as 'Saturday Night Live' Host
Having been known for his villainous roles, Christoph Waltz will show his comedic skill on "Saturday Night Live". The Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning actor is set to host a February 16 episode of the sketch comedy show.
The upcoming hosting gig will mark the 56-year-old's first appearance on the NBC show. He will be joined by Alabama Shakes who will also make their debut as a musical guest on "SNL".
Waltz most recently starred in "Django Unchained", which was released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012. He recently won his second Golden Globe Award for his portrayal of Dr. King Schultz in the Quentin Tarantino western drama film, and is nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the upcoming Oscars for the same role.
"SNL" will return with a new episode on February 9 with Justin Bieber pulling double duty as host and musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour