Emma Fitzpatrick Parodies 'I Dreamed a Dream' to Promote Anne Hathaway at Oscars
Anne Hathaway gets full support from actress Emma Fitzpatrick for her Oscar's Best Supporting Actress nomination thanks to "Les Miserables". The star of "The Collection" makes her own "For Your Consideration" video dedicated to the Fantine depicter in the musical drama directed by Tom Hooper.
In the video, Fitzpatrick parodies Hathaway's tearful rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream". Starring as Hathaway herself, Fitzpatrick sings about the "Rachel Getting Married" actress' sacrifices when preparing to play Fantine, including getting her hair chopped and losing half of her weight.
"I played the prostitute who died. Her life was really sad and awful. But I was bold and unafraid," Fitzpatrick sings wholeheartedly, mimicking Hathaway's sad expression when delivering the iconic song. "I let them give me this new haircut and I have lost half my body weight but then they never did a wide shot," she continues.
Gushing on why the Catwoman of "The Dark Knight Rises" deserves the Oscar, the short-haired starlet also sings about performing live for the musical. She croons, "I coughed and wheezed and cried in every scene until I died," before reminding the Academy members, "Please don't forget Anne with an E."
Hathaway will face off against Sally Field ("Lincoln"), Jacki Weaver ("Silver Linings Playbook"), Helen Hunt ("The Sessions") and Amy Adams ("The Master") in the Supporting Actress category at the upcoming Academy Awards. The show will be held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center with Seth MacFarlane serving as the host.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign