'Iron Man 3' Poster and Super Bowl Ad Teaser Highlight Battered Robert Downey Jr.
Robert Downey Jr. is all battered in a new poster for "Iron Man 3". The fan-favorite Marvel superhero is featured in bad condition with his trustee armor wrecked and his face plate gone. Sporting swollen face, the billionaire armored hero free falls from the sky after seemingly losing battle against his enemy.
Apart from the dramatic one-sheet, Marvel Studios also unleashes a teaser for the movie's ad that will air during the Super Bowl XLVII this coming Sunday, February 3. The short snippet sees Tony Stark, once again, in bad condition, a clear look at The Mandarin, another glimpse at Iron Patriot, as well as a quick look at Guy Pearce's villainous character.
A year after the events in New York, Tony Stark will fight against The Mandarin, an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
The third "Iron Man" movie will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on May 3. Downey Jr. recently teased that the film could feature cameos from other superheroes from "The Avengers".
He told Entertainment Weekly, "As Kevin [Feige] has put it, the next step after that is to bring someone like Shane Black and - without pretending that the Avengers don't exist - find a way to go back to a kind of re-investigation of Tony's world, which he thought would be, one, fun for the audience and, two, would rock in a different way than the Avengers."
"But we can't help it," he continued, before hinting, "everywhere you look now in every Marvel movie there are opportunities where certain new pals of his could be useful. So they're in the atmosphere, so to speak, but I wouldn't expect to see them on the ground in this one."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed