First Look at Short-Haired Jodie Foster as 'Elysium' Villainess
Fresh off her headline-grabbing statement while delivering her speech at the Golden Globes, Jodie Foster lets her fans know how she will look like in her upcoming film "Elysium". Through a Twitter account called Simply_Jodie, some photos of the veteran actress on the set of the Neill Blomkamp-helmed movie are shared online, giving a look at the "Panic Room" star as Secretary Rhodes.
The 50-year-old actress is featured sporting a short bob hair and wearing an earpiece in the close-up pictures. Channeling her inner villainess, she looks fierce againts the background of what looks like a futuristic weapons room. No further details are provided about those images.
"Elysium" is set in the year 2159 where two classes, the oppressed people of the ruined planet Earth and the privileged elite aboard the Elysium space station, exist. Secretary Rhodes (Foster), a hard government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. Rhodes has a right hand named Kruger who is dubbed a relentless attack dog.
Joining Foster in the highly-anticipated sci-fi movie are Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley, William Fichtner, Michael Shanks, Diego Luna, Alice Braga, Carly Pope and Faran Tahir. The film is set to come out in the U.S. cinemas on August 9.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand