Steve Carell and Jim Carrey Boast Silly Magic Tricks in 'Burt Wonderstone' International Trailer
Steve Carell and Jim Carrey show off their skills as professional magicians in an international trailer for "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". In it, Carell plays an old-schooled magician who masters old tricks that don't really wow his audience. Portraying a more modern magician, Carrey appears as a rival who does silly-but-entertaining tricks, such as holding pee for twelve days and spending a night on red hot coals.
In the comedy film, Burt Wonderstone (Carell) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi) have ruled the Las Vegas strip for years, raking in millions with illusions as big as Burt's growing ego. However, lately the duo's greatest deception is their public friendship, while secretly they've grown to loathe each other.
Facing cutthroat competition from guerilla street magician Steve Gray (Carrey), whose cult following surges with each outrageous stunt, even their show looks stale. Still, there's a chance Burt and Anton can save the act-both onstage and off-if Burt can get back in touch with what made him love magic in the first place.
"Burt Wonderstone" is helmed by Don Scardino. Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, Brad Garrett and James Gandolfini are also supporting the movie. Before it opens Stateside on March 15, the comedy will make its premiere as the opener of the 2013 SXSW Film Festival on March 8.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech