Steve Carell and Jim Carrey Boast Silly Magic Tricks in 'Burt Wonderstone' International Trailer
Steve Carell and Jim Carrey show off their skills as professional magicians in an international trailer for "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". In it, Carell plays an old-schooled magician who masters old tricks that don't really wow his audience. Portraying a more modern magician, Carrey appears as a rival who does silly-but-entertaining tricks, such as holding pee for twelve days and spending a night on red hot coals.
In the comedy film, Burt Wonderstone (Carell) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi) have ruled the Las Vegas strip for years, raking in millions with illusions as big as Burt's growing ego. However, lately the duo's greatest deception is their public friendship, while secretly they've grown to loathe each other.
Facing cutthroat competition from guerilla street magician Steve Gray (Carrey), whose cult following surges with each outrageous stunt, even their show looks stale. Still, there's a chance Burt and Anton can save the act-both onstage and off-if Burt can get back in touch with what made him love magic in the first place.
"Burt Wonderstone" is helmed by Don Scardino. Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, Brad Garrett and James Gandolfini are also supporting the movie. Before it opens Stateside on March 15, the comedy will make its premiere as the opener of the 2013 SXSW Film Festival on March 8.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle