Jessica Chastain Seals Next Project 'Miss Julie' With Colin Farrell
Following her acting stint in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" that successfully led her to get nominated for Best Actress at this year's Oscars, Jessica Chastain nabs another leading lady role for her next project. The "Wilde Salome" actress has just been tapped to lead "Miss Julie", Variety reports.
Chastain is set to star opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. This will mark her first movie project post-"ZDT". She's expected to star as the female lead character, who is a woman trying to escape an exsistence cramped by social mores. She's suddenly drawn to a senior servant.
The story is based on August Strindberg's battle-of-the-sexes play of the same title. The background is set in a 1974 Sweden. Liv Ullmann serves as the director in addition to providing the screenplay. Oliver Dungey and Teun Hilte, meanwhile, are on board as the producers.
Chastain was most recently seen in Guillermo del Toro-produced thriller "Mama", which claimed success at box office on its opening week. She is currently starring in a Broadway play called "The Heiress".
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri