Jessica Chastain Seals Next Project 'Miss Julie' With Colin Farrell
Following her acting stint in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" that successfully led her to get nominated for Best Actress at this year's Oscars, Jessica Chastain nabs another leading lady role for her next project. The "Wilde Salome" actress has just been tapped to lead "Miss Julie", Variety reports.
Chastain is set to star opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. This will mark her first movie project post-"ZDT". She's expected to star as the female lead character, who is a woman trying to escape an exsistence cramped by social mores. She's suddenly drawn to a senior servant.
The story is based on August Strindberg's battle-of-the-sexes play of the same title. The background is set in a 1974 Sweden. Liv Ullmann serves as the director in addition to providing the screenplay. Oliver Dungey and Teun Hilte, meanwhile, are on board as the producers.
Chastain was most recently seen in Guillermo del Toro-produced thriller "Mama", which claimed success at box office on its opening week. She is currently starring in a Broadway play called "The Heiress".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?