Jessica Chastain Seals Next Project 'Miss Julie' With Colin Farrell
Following her acting stint in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" that successfully led her to get nominated for Best Actress at this year's Oscars, Jessica Chastain nabs another leading lady role for her next project. The "Wilde Salome" actress has just been tapped to lead "Miss Julie", Variety reports.
Chastain is set to star opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. This will mark her first movie project post-"ZDT". She's expected to star as the female lead character, who is a woman trying to escape an exsistence cramped by social mores. She's suddenly drawn to a senior servant.
The story is based on August Strindberg's battle-of-the-sexes play of the same title. The background is set in a 1974 Sweden. Liv Ullmann serves as the director in addition to providing the screenplay. Oliver Dungey and Teun Hilte, meanwhile, are on board as the producers.
Chastain was most recently seen in Guillermo del Toro-produced thriller "Mama", which claimed success at box office on its opening week. She is currently starring in a Broadway play called "The Heiress".
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed