Jessica Chastain Seals Next Project 'Miss Julie' With Colin Farrell
Following her acting stint in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" that successfully led her to get nominated for Best Actress at this year's Oscars, Jessica Chastain nabs another leading lady role for her next project. The "Wilde Salome" actress has just been tapped to lead "Miss Julie", Variety reports.
Chastain is set to star opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. This will mark her first movie project post-"ZDT". She's expected to star as the female lead character, who is a woman trying to escape an exsistence cramped by social mores. She's suddenly drawn to a senior servant.
The story is based on August Strindberg's battle-of-the-sexes play of the same title. The background is set in a 1974 Sweden. Liv Ullmann serves as the director in addition to providing the screenplay. Oliver Dungey and Teun Hilte, meanwhile, are on board as the producers.
Chastain was most recently seen in Guillermo del Toro-produced thriller "Mama", which claimed success at box office on its opening week. She is currently starring in a Broadway play called "The Heiress".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia