Jessica Chastain Seals Next Project 'Miss Julie' With Colin Farrell
Following her acting stint in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" that successfully led her to get nominated for Best Actress at this year's Oscars, Jessica Chastain nabs another leading lady role for her next project. The "Wilde Salome" actress has just been tapped to lead "Miss Julie", Variety reports.
Chastain is set to star opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. This will mark her first movie project post-"ZDT". She's expected to star as the female lead character, who is a woman trying to escape an exsistence cramped by social mores. She's suddenly drawn to a senior servant.
The story is based on August Strindberg's battle-of-the-sexes play of the same title. The background is set in a 1974 Sweden. Liv Ullmann serves as the director in addition to providing the screenplay. Oliver Dungey and Teun Hilte, meanwhile, are on board as the producers.
Chastain was most recently seen in Guillermo del Toro-produced thriller "Mama", which claimed success at box office on its opening week. She is currently starring in a Broadway play called "The Heiress".
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory