Gary Allan Gets First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200
Country music artist Gary Allan clinches his first no. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with his latest album "Set You Free", selling a total of 106,000 units this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It gives him his best sales week ever, edging the 99,000 sales of his 2005 studio effort "Tough All Over".
Boosting the "Set You Free" debut to the top of the albums chart is the country airplay chart no. 1 single "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)". A musical guest appearance by Allan on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" also seemed to help promote his ninth studio album.
The other album to debut in the top ten this week is the "2013 Grammy Nominees" compilation with 41,000 copies sold, earning the no. 4 spot. The album is expected to rake in better sales figures after this year's awards show airs on February 10.
One of the musical acts lined up for the show's performances is The Lumineers, who jumps five slots from last week's no. 7 spot to no. 2 with a 31% increase in records sold at 50,000. The highest climber this week, the band's recent performance on "Saturday Night Live" may have helped to improve their album's sales.
As for the other albums in the top ten, the "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack remains at the third spot with 44,000. Mumford & Sons' "Babel" crawls three spots up from no. 9 to no. 6 with 38,000. Sharing an almost identical 38,000 result is A$AP Rocky's "LongLiveA$AP", taking a nose dive from no. 1 to no. 7, for a whopping 73% decline. Falling not as hard as A$AP Rocky is the "Kidz Bop 23" album, down from no. 2 to no. 5 with 40,000 for a 50% drop.
Others descending the top ten are Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" from no. 5 to no. 8 with 36,000, Taylor Swift's "Red" from no. 4 to no. 9 with 32,000, and lastly, the "Les Miserables: Highlights" movie soundtrack from no. 6 to no. 10 with 27,000.
- Gary Allan - "Set You Free" (106,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (50,000)
- various artists - "Pitch Perfect" (44,000)
- various artists - "2013 Grammy Nominees" (41,000)
- Kidz Bop - "Kidz Bop 23" (40,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (38,000)
- A$AP Rocky - "LongLiveA$AP" (38,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (36,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (32,000)
- various artists - "Les Miserables: Highlights" (27,000)
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other