Barbra Streisand to Perform at 2013 Oscars for First Time in 36 Years
Barbra Streisand is added to the lineup of musical guests who will make live performances at the upcoming 85th annual Academy Awards. It will mark the second time she sings at the Oscars after her March 28, 1977 performance during the 49th annual Academy Awards at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles.
"In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music," says producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, "how could the telecast be complete without Barbra Streisand? We are honored that she has agreed to do a very special performance on this year's Oscars, her first time singing on the show in 36 years."
36 years ago, Streisand sang "Evergreen", a theme song for rock musical movie "A Star Is Born" where she played the female lead. She won Best Original Song for the soundtrack along with lyricist Paul Williams that night. She received her trophy from her "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" duet partner Neil Diamond.
She got her first Oscar for Best Actress in 1968's "Funny Girl", and was nominated again in 1973 for her lead performance in "The Way We Were". She was also nominated for producing the Best Picture nominee "The Prince of Tides" (1991) which she also directed, and for co-writing the 1996 original song "I Finally Found Someone".
The "Yentl" director recorded "I Finally Found Someone" with Bryan Adams for movie "The Mirror Has Two Faces" (1996), but she did not sing it at the 1997 Academy Awards. She chose to watch from the audience seat as her "Tell Him" collaborator Celine Dion performed the song at the prestigious prize-giving event.
Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented Sunday night, February 24, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. "Family Guy" star Seth MacFarlane is tapped as a host and Adele will sing Best Original Song nominee, "Skyfall" soundtrack, as part of a tribute to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise.
Norah Jones is also scheduled to perform. She will deliver another Best Original Song nominee, "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" that host MacFarlane co-wrote for the highest-grossing original R-rated comedy of all time "Ted".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says