Movie Version of HBO's 'Entourge' Officially Greenlit by Warner Bros.
A big screen version of hit HBO series "Entourage" is now officially underway. Deadline reports that Warner Bros. Pictures has finally given a green light to the project based on the popular TV show that aired from 2004 to 2011.
The movie project will be directed by the "Entourage" series creator Doug Ellin, who also pens the script and executive produces it along with Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson. The original cast members are expected to reprise their roles in the big screen take.
Words are, the studio is preparing deals to bring back Adrian Grenier as Vincent Chase, Kevin Connolly as "E" Murphy, Kevin Dillon as Johnny Drama, Jerry Ferrara as Turtle and Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold. Rex Lee, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Scott Caan, Rhys Coiro and Beverly D'Angelo are also expected to return.
Apart from the studio's newly-granted green light, there's still no other updates on the project. It is still unclear when the production is set to kick off. The original series revolved around themes of male friendship and followed real-life situations in modern-day Hollywood. The show was famously known for its array of guest stars that included at least two famous persons in each episode.
Back in 2012, Jeremy Piven shared on "The Talk" that the "Entourage" team were excited about the movie project. He gushed, "We're teed up for a movie in a way that, you know, Ari has this conundrum that he's facing, which is either to rule the world or to honor his love to his wife."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern