James Franco Says He Might Consider Having Sex On Screen for His Film
James Franco has recently debuted not just one but three of his sex-driven movie projects at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. They were "Interior. Leather Bar.", "Kink" and "Lovelace". A no stranger to NSFW-themed films, Franco admits that he won't hesitate to really have sex in front of the cameras but only in certain "circumstances."
Asked if he'd pull a Shia LaBeouf, who claimed he would have sex on screen for Lars von Tier's "Nymphomaniac", Franco responds carefully, "I'd say under the right circumstances. There are a lot of circumstances." He adds, "Who's involved? Both behind-the-scenes, behind the camera, in front of the camera."
Franco goes on explaining what drove him in capturing sexuality in his movies like "Kink" or "Interior. Leather Bar." He says, "It's hard to put certain kinds of sex in film. Now, I could sort of understand that if it wasn't so easy to put other kinds of things in film, like violence. Obviously, there's some weird standard here that is just illogical."
"Sex and sexuality are such big parts of our lives - the ways that we define ourselves, the ways that we interact with each other," he reasons. "Everyone thinks about it. Everyone knows about it. Even if you insist on living an incredibly chaste life and you're chaste in your thoughts, that's a conscious and concerted effort to keep sex from your thoughts. So you're still engaging with sex even if it's in a negative capacity. It's a huge part of our lives. It's part of being human."
Franco will next be seen in another sexy film "Spring Breakers" on March 22. His film "Lovelace", in which he stars as Playboy boss Hugh Hefner, is also set to come out in the U.S. cinemas later this year. Apart from the steamy pics, he will also be seen in Disney's family movie "Oz: The Great and Powerful" which will arrive nationwide on March 8.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics