Cee-Lo Green Unleashes New Song 'Only You' Ft. Lauriana Mae
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green has just released "Only You", a new single from his forthcoming and still untitled album. Featuring pop/R'n'B singer Lauriana Mae, the new track is a love song that combines Green's retro-soul blend with the newbie's soulful jazz vocals.
"It's about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other," Green explains the track's theme. "It's like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it's still optimistic."
In the stirring ballad, Green swoons out wittingly-written metaphors and ironies at the very onset of the track, "I started a war/ And I landed on my own sword/ Wish I could take back those stupid things I said/ How could I be so foolish?/ I called out to God/ But the devil keeps answering/ I'm tryin' every little remedy I can/ But it's all just bullsh*t."
The mid-tempo track dishes a catchy hook, reverberating "only you" along with an emotional "only you can make it better/ put me back together" and "only you could stop the bleeding/ give me what I'm needing/ tell me so my heart can heal." Mae then lends her soulful vocals during her solo part in the second verse, and in the third which she shares with Green.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed