Cee-Lo Green Unleashes New Song 'Only You' Ft. Lauriana Mae
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green has just released "Only You", a new single from his forthcoming and still untitled album. Featuring pop/R'n'B singer Lauriana Mae, the new track is a love song that combines Green's retro-soul blend with the newbie's soulful jazz vocals.
"It's about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other," Green explains the track's theme. "It's like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it's still optimistic."
In the stirring ballad, Green swoons out wittingly-written metaphors and ironies at the very onset of the track, "I started a war/ And I landed on my own sword/ Wish I could take back those stupid things I said/ How could I be so foolish?/ I called out to God/ But the devil keeps answering/ I'm tryin' every little remedy I can/ But it's all just bullsh*t."
The mid-tempo track dishes a catchy hook, reverberating "only you" along with an emotional "only you can make it better/ put me back together" and "only you could stop the bleeding/ give me what I'm needing/ tell me so my heart can heal." Mae then lends her soulful vocals during her solo part in the second verse, and in the third which she shares with Green.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies