ABC Orders Pilots for Ryan Reynolds' Sleuth Dramedy, 'Big Thunder' and More
ABC has greenlit several projects which may make into its programming lineup in the near future. The network's selection is varied from dramedy "Murder in Manhattan" to supernatural drama "Gothica".
Executive produced by Ryan Reynolds along with Allan Loeb, Jonathan Komack Martin and Steven Pearl, "Murder in Manhattan" is described as an hourlong sleuth show which focuses on an amateur mother-daughter investigative team working in the Big Apple. Maria Maggenti will provide the script in addition to joining the executive producing team.
"Gothica" is a "sexy Gothic soap opera set in present day" that "weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray among others." Matt Lopez will pen the pilot.
The Alphabet additionally orders the pilots for "Big Thunder" and "Reckless". The former is inspired by Disney's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad coaster. The Western drama follows a doctor in late 19th century New York who moves to the titular mining town with his family. He soon realizes that not everything in the town, run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon, is as it seems.
As for "Reckless", the thriller comes from "Casino Royale" director Martin Campbell and Chris Black, the latter of which will write the project. The story revolves around a resourceful man who travels overseas to rescue his wife after she is unjustly imprisoned following a political uprising.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video