Taye Diggs Home Invader Pleads Not Guilty to Burglary Charges
Hassan Omar Juma, 20, appeared in Van Nuys Superior Court Tuesday, January 29 after he was caught red handed rummaging through Taye Diggs' garage in his Studio City, California home. The intruder entered not-guilty plea to one felony count of first-degree burglary with a person present.
Diggs found Juma lurking in his garage Sunday night, January 27 when he arrived home with his wife Idina Menzel after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. The "Private Practice" actor chased Juma down when he tried to run off and held him until police came.
Diggs was uninjured in the incident. There was also a getaway driver who managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Juma was jailed and remained in police custody since then on $50,000 bail. He was set to return to court on February 8 for a hearing. If convicted, he faces up to six years in prison.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'