Taye Diggs Home Invader Pleads Not Guilty to Burglary Charges
Hassan Omar Juma, 20, appeared in Van Nuys Superior Court Tuesday, January 29 after he was caught red handed rummaging through Taye Diggs' garage in his Studio City, California home. The intruder entered not-guilty plea to one felony count of first-degree burglary with a person present.
Diggs found Juma lurking in his garage Sunday night, January 27 when he arrived home with his wife Idina Menzel after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. The "Private Practice" actor chased Juma down when he tried to run off and held him until police came.
Diggs was uninjured in the incident. There was also a getaway driver who managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Juma was jailed and remained in police custody since then on $50,000 bail. He was set to return to court on February 8 for a hearing. If convicted, he faces up to six years in prison.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'