Taye Diggs Home Invader Pleads Not Guilty to Burglary Charges
Hassan Omar Juma, 20, appeared in Van Nuys Superior Court Tuesday, January 29 after he was caught red handed rummaging through Taye Diggs' garage in his Studio City, California home. The intruder entered not-guilty plea to one felony count of first-degree burglary with a person present.
Diggs found Juma lurking in his garage Sunday night, January 27 when he arrived home with his wife Idina Menzel after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. The "Private Practice" actor chased Juma down when he tried to run off and held him until police came.
Diggs was uninjured in the incident. There was also a getaway driver who managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Juma was jailed and remained in police custody since then on $50,000 bail. He was set to return to court on February 8 for a hearing. If convicted, he faces up to six years in prison.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist