Taye Diggs Home Invader Pleads Not Guilty to Burglary Charges
Hassan Omar Juma, 20, appeared in Van Nuys Superior Court Tuesday, January 29 after he was caught red handed rummaging through Taye Diggs' garage in his Studio City, California home. The intruder entered not-guilty plea to one felony count of first-degree burglary with a person present.
Diggs found Juma lurking in his garage Sunday night, January 27 when he arrived home with his wife Idina Menzel after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. The "Private Practice" actor chased Juma down when he tried to run off and held him until police came.
Diggs was uninjured in the incident. There was also a getaway driver who managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Juma was jailed and remained in police custody since then on $50,000 bail. He was set to return to court on February 8 for a hearing. If convicted, he faces up to six years in prison.
More Taye Diggs News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?