Taye Diggs Home Invader Pleads Not Guilty to Burglary Charges
Hassan Omar Juma, 20, appeared in Van Nuys Superior Court Tuesday, January 29 after he was caught red handed rummaging through Taye Diggs' garage in his Studio City, California home. The intruder entered not-guilty plea to one felony count of first-degree burglary with a person present.
Diggs found Juma lurking in his garage Sunday night, January 27 when he arrived home with his wife Idina Menzel after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. The "Private Practice" actor chased Juma down when he tried to run off and held him until police came.
Diggs was uninjured in the incident. There was also a getaway driver who managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Juma was jailed and remained in police custody since then on $50,000 bail. He was set to return to court on February 8 for a hearing. If convicted, he faces up to six years in prison.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off