Robert Downey Jr. Hints at Avengers Cameo in 'Iron Man 3', Dishes on Key Scene
Though Kevin Feige once insisted that there wouldn't be any superhero cameo in "Iron Man 3", Robert Downey Jr. has hinted otherwise. In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the Tony Stark depicter dropped a clue that there might be some appearances from "The Avengers" members in the third armored hero movie.
He said while discussing the massive success of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes flick, "As Kevin has put it, the next step after that is to bring someone like Shane Black and - without pretending that the Avengers don't exist - find a way to go back to a kind of re-investigation of Tony's world, which he thought would be, one, fun for the audience and, two, would rock in a different way than the Avengers."
"But we can't help it," he continued, before hinting, "everywhere you look now in every Marvel movie there are opportunities where certain new pals of his could be useful. So they're in the atmosphere, so to speak, but I wouldn't expect to see them on the ground in this one."
Back in November, Feige claimed that no other Avengers would show up in the third "Iron Man" pic. "Iron Man 3 doesn't feature any of the other Avengers, or Nick Fury showing up, or any of those world-blending conceits that the Phase One films had," he said to Empire magazine.
"You have to keep in mind that Iron Man 3 had been in the works for almost a year, year and a half before The Avengers was released. We're sticking to the vision for these films, and showing once again that these characters are just as interesting alone as they are together."
Back to Downey Jr.'s interview with EW, the actor also dished on what appeared to be a key sequence in his upcoming movie. "We've just been talking about one sequence - the top-secret name is the Boot/Glove Sequence," he revealed.
"I can tell you that, just between you and me - it's where Tony only has one gauntlet and one boot and he has to escape multiple captors. It's really fun, dude," he told the mag. "We're taking everything from his first gauntlet test in the first movie up through the most extreme stuff we thought up for 'Iron Man 2' and 'The Avengers' and pulling on all of it and making this one big, extended challenge of physics."
To open Stateside on May 3, "Iron Man 3" will find Stark fighting against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie