Coachella 2013 Sells Out First Weekend in Spite of Technical Issues
The first weekend of the 2013 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival sold out within only 15 minutes after ticket sales officially opened. Tickets to the first three shows on April 12 to 14 went to buyers who were patient enough to secure a pass to the annual festival online, in spite of technical troubles and site delays.
Buyers expressed their frustration online via Coachella's Facebook page when they faced long waiting periods and experienced site crashes as they tried to purchase the tickets. Many even complained to Front Gate Tickets, the company in-charge of the event's sales.
Despite all the technical issues, many ticket buyers still managed to score tickets even two hours after the initial sold-out announcement was posted. This was due to the fact that some tickets reenter the purchase queue since not every ticket in shopping cart was officially purchased.
There are reportedly still some weekend one tickets available, but these are bundled into a travel package amounting to $2,000, a staggering amount compared to the $349 regular weekend pass. Those who failed to secure tickets can still avail weekend two passes, although it is unclear as to how many are still available.
Headlining the 2013 Coachella Festival in Indio, California are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phoenix, The Stone Roses and Blur, who will all perform once in each of the two weekends of the festival. A load of other acts are also joining the festival and supporting the said headliners.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival