Ashley Judd Split From Her Car Race Driver Husband Dario Franchitti
Ashley Judd and her husband, 39-year-old IndyCar race driver Dario Franchitti, are heading to splitville after more than 10 years of marriage. In a statement, the 44-year-old actress says their separation is mutual and they will remain friends.
She tells PEOPLE, "We have mutually decided to end our marriage. We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed." She additionally tweets, "Family forever. @dariofranchitti."
The "Ruby in Paradise" actress tied the knot with the three-time Indianapolis 500 champion in a private ceremony in his native Scotland in December 2001 after two years of engagement. Her sister Wynonna Judd was the maid of honor and his brother Mario was the best man. The couple doesn't have any children.
When they entered their eighth year of marriage, Ashley revealed to Redbook what's their key to maintain a solid relationship. She said they gave "an appreciation" everyday to each other. "But that's the point of the exercise," she said, "even when one is cross, to get some gratitude on board."
When asked in a separate interview last year what it's like to be married to a Hollywood star, Dario said, "The way I answer that is I've never been married to anybody else so I don't really know." That year, the couple was seen celebrating his win at the 2012 Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert