Ashley Judd Split From Her Car Race Driver Husband Dario Franchitti
Ashley Judd and her husband, 39-year-old IndyCar race driver Dario Franchitti, are heading to splitville after more than 10 years of marriage. In a statement, the 44-year-old actress says their separation is mutual and they will remain friends.
She tells PEOPLE, "We have mutually decided to end our marriage. We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed." She additionally tweets, "Family forever. @dariofranchitti."
The "Ruby in Paradise" actress tied the knot with the three-time Indianapolis 500 champion in a private ceremony in his native Scotland in December 2001 after two years of engagement. Her sister Wynonna Judd was the maid of honor and his brother Mario was the best man. The couple doesn't have any children.
When they entered their eighth year of marriage, Ashley revealed to Redbook what's their key to maintain a solid relationship. She said they gave "an appreciation" everyday to each other. "But that's the point of the exercise," she said, "even when one is cross, to get some gratitude on board."
When asked in a separate interview last year what it's like to be married to a Hollywood star, Dario said, "The way I answer that is I've never been married to anybody else so I don't really know." That year, the couple was seen celebrating his win at the 2012 Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage