Ashley Judd Split From Her Car Race Driver Husband Dario Franchitti
Ashley Judd and her husband, 39-year-old IndyCar race driver Dario Franchitti, are heading to splitville after more than 10 years of marriage. In a statement, the 44-year-old actress says their separation is mutual and they will remain friends.
She tells PEOPLE, "We have mutually decided to end our marriage. We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed." She additionally tweets, "Family forever. @dariofranchitti."
The "Ruby in Paradise" actress tied the knot with the three-time Indianapolis 500 champion in a private ceremony in his native Scotland in December 2001 after two years of engagement. Her sister Wynonna Judd was the maid of honor and his brother Mario was the best man. The couple doesn't have any children.
When they entered their eighth year of marriage, Ashley revealed to Redbook what's their key to maintain a solid relationship. She said they gave "an appreciation" everyday to each other. "But that's the point of the exercise," she said, "even when one is cross, to get some gratitude on board."
When asked in a separate interview last year what it's like to be married to a Hollywood star, Dario said, "The way I answer that is I've never been married to anybody else so I don't really know." That year, the couple was seen celebrating his win at the 2012 Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle