Mindy McCready Denies Shooting Boyfriend David Wilson, Dismisses Affair Rumor
A lot of questions arose when Mindy McCready's boyfriend David Wilson was found dead with a gunshot wound. In an interview on "Dateline" post his passing, the 37-year-old country music singer faces several burning questions related to the tragic incident including whether or not she's involved in his death.
In excerpts obtained by E! News, McCready was specifically asked by host Andrea Canning if she shot Wilson. "Oh my god, no. Oh my god, no," she quickly replied. "He was my life. We were each other's life. There's no way to tell where one of us began and the other ended. We slept together every night holding hands."
In the chat partially aired on "Today" Tuesday, January 29, she also dismissed speculations that Wilson was seeing someone else. "David was not having an affair with another woman," she said. "That is absolutely, totally untrue. Neither one of us have ever cheated on each other and would never do that. That is absolutely a lie."
She admitted they did have fights, but insisted it was not out of ordinary. When asked if she believed Wilson killed himself or was murdered, she said, "I don't know." She added, "I don't understand why he would leave us. I have never gone through anything this painful. He didn't just touch my heart, he touched my soul. He was my soulmate."
Wilson, a record producer/songwriter, died on January 13. McCready didn't attend his memorial held by his college friends on January 19 in Fayetteville, Ark. Asked about her absence, she replied, "I think that a bunch of David's friends got together and got drunk in memory of David - not something appropriate for me and my children to be a part of."
McCready and Wilson have a son together, Zayne, whom she gave birth to in April 2012. She's also a mother to a 6-year-old boy Zander Ryan McCready from her previous relationship with Billy McKnight. She was granted full custody of her first son in February 2012 after convincing court that she's been sober after living with Wilson.
Investigation about his death is still ongoing.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent